Gen4 Possession?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They better not hit any stumps! Maybe thats why they don't want guys getting them too soon, those new bulk heads will be backordered into Easter :)
that's why the spring rides were cut short too many peep's were a tad too aggressive and breaking stuff.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's why the spring rides were cut short too many peep's were a tad too aggressive and breaking stuff.
A lot of people that ride demo sleds ride them like idiots. There are limited units built and limited spare parts available and guys are running them in to trees or rolling them down hills. I could never understand this? All you are doing is ruining the peeps in line behind you of having the ability to try the unit themselves. They had to cut the demo ride program short last spring because they ran out of spare parts and sleds to cannilablize to keep it going. Carl told me to many units were lost from abuse.

GRD

Reaction score
The first guy that rode the 850 sled on the CKMP ride we were on, did a whack of damage by running into his kid's sled. It was still rideable but the front arms and shock were bent.
A lot of people that ride demo sleds ride them like idiots. There are limited units built and limited spare parts available and guys are running them in to trees or rolling them down hills. I could never understand this? All you are doing is ruining the peeps in line behind you of having the ability to try the unit themselves. They had to cut the demo ride program short last spring because they ran out of spare parts and sleds to cannilablize to keep it going. Carl told me to many units were lost from abuse.

keyboardjockey

Reaction score

So the new sleds don't hold up well to the supposive average good rider that the dealer invited for a potential snow check?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Weren't they saying over on SW that production was just getting started and they were building the short tracks first with Dec delivery for those and long tracks after that?

:pop2:

:smiliestirthepot:

Dan, it was years ago that they quit producing the short tracks first. The mountain sleds have been in the first order of production for awhile now. For a Poo dude you sure seem to know a lot about the yellow brand!

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Aren't these people invited by the dealers ??? Maybe a rethink is in order there ?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the new sleds don't hold up well to the supposive average good rider that the dealer invited for a potential snow check?
Do you run Your sled into trees and roll it down the hill all the time unscathed? Oh....thats right you're a keyboard jockey. Haha!

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty dam sad to say the least.. Don't know a way around it but idiots should not be allowed to drive demos.. Makes for hard feelings for both

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The silver lining to having some morons riding the crap out of you prototype equipment is that BRP may find weakness in there design with out having to pay out disability claims. Or pay professional to risk his life and drive like a idiot. LMAO
Aren't these people invited by the dealers ??? Maybe a rethink is in order there ?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:smiliestirthepot:

Dan, it was years ago that they quit producing the short tracks first. The mountain sleds have been in the first order of production for awhile now. For a Poo dude you sure seem to know a lot about the yellow brand!

Yes I prefer to ride a Poo as my full time ride.

Doesn't mean there isn't a nice Doo in my garage too. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder how the 'S mod' handles this, or are the a-arms taking the impact now?
The first guy that rode the 850 sled on the CKMP ride we were on, did a whack of damage by running into his kid's sled. It was still rideable but the front arms and shock were bent.

Reactions: GRD

GRD

Reaction score
New design, not sure what was impacted. It must have tweaked something, the damage was significant.
I wonder how the 'S mod' handles this, or are the a-arms taking the impact now?

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Straight from Ski-Doo. In case anyone hasn't seen yet..

It's go time – the initial production of REV Gen4 sleds has passed quality control checks and physical testing and we're starting to ship to dealers! Summit sleds heading West are shipped first, followed by the rest of Summits, followed by MXZ and Renegade sleds. Deliveries will be hitting dealers Mid-October through December. We know you're anxious...it won't be long now! #ItsWhatsNext
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1475891206.202122.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1475891314.966024.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LukeD

Reaction score
Talked to my dealer today (Weyburn, SK). He said that first, summit G4's are being made (as evidence in the pic from previous post), with those being shipped west. His shipping date still shows end of October, so he figures he'll get 20+ G4 units in that shipment. His dealership was only allowed 27 G4 units I think. So here's hoping us Sask boys get our new rides late Oct/early Nov!!!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the X was supposed to be first off the line The in season sp beat the x out the door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom