Gen4 Possession?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the X was supposed to be first off the line The in season sp beat the x out the door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1 SP per dealer to be shipped first for dealer showrooms and then the X's are next on the assembly line Caper.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious how many sleds they can produce a day? Were dealers really limited to how many G4s they could have? Thats crazy

LukeD

Reaction score
In previous years, it was just the total amount of sleds that was limited from headquarters (based on previous years sales). But never limited a specific platform or model. That's what I find frustrating for this 2017 year, cause when I ordered my 2014, different dealers had different prices (below MSRP) and deals on accessories. But this year, cause gen 4 platforms were limited to each dealer, no deals were to be had. Everyone pays MSRP. Also, in 2014, the matte black/red colour was a $200 option, but not the white/red/black, and this year the the black is base option and the orange/white/black is the $200 option! Dam BRP! But all that being said, I'm stoked that my orange crush X is almost here!! It WILL be the best stock motor on the snow this year, bar none! And imo the best sled also

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can an just about bet you in 18 there will be changes from the problems they find in 17, happens on all first year sleds, now if you work threw the problems it will be fine, but some guys will be on here complaining, nature of the beast

they did some big changes for sure, hope the r&d were therow on cooling, engine, and geometry changes, ussally do is pretty close, but the few vids we seen, the big power had some serious ski lift.. Ya the price sucks for sure and the way it depreciates is crazy with there best sled in 15 costing more than 16 grand cannot fetch 9000$$ this fall.. Almost real the knife cutting threw you.. All in all hope it's a great season this year

In previous years, it was just the total amount of sleds that was limited from headquarters (based on previous years sales). But never limited a specific platform or model. That's what I find frustrating for this 2017 year, cause when I ordered my 2014, different dealers had different prices (below MSRP) and deals on accessories. But this year, cause gen 4 platforms were limited to each dealer, no deals were to be had. Everyone pays MSRP. Also, in 2014, the matte black/red colour was a $200 option, but not the white/red/black, and this year the the black is base option and the orange/white/black is the $200 option! Dam BRP! But all that being said, I'm stoked that my orange crush X is almost here!! It WILL be the best stock motor on the snow this year, bar none! And imo the best sled also

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds depreciate every year. I think the economic climate is more a reason for the poor resale value than anything. Lots of peeps out of jobs so dumping toys to feed their families.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or to buy new G4's, that was the case with the 16 174 i got with 26% break in left. Its pretty Hard to justify buying new anymore, when there are great deals to be had on used sleds.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oops I read the title and thought this thread was about some guy who got possessed when he drank Doo-laid.

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo is doing you guys a favor by keeping those sleds out of your hands until there is a base. Otherwise you would be out there bending arms and s-modules that you won't be able to get replacements for until February.
:p

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or to buy new G4's, that was the case with the 16 174 i got with 26% break in left. Its pretty Hard to justify buying new anymore, when there are great deals to be had on used sleds.

X2! So many gently used XM's out there right now. I wished I rode more and could justify picking up another!

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My black X 165 will arrive this tuesday ... my buddy's daffy duck edition 165 is also on the same truck .. yours will be getting to you soon too .. ;)

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Sleds depreciate every year. I think the economic climate is more a reason for the poor resale value than anything. Lots of peeps out of jobs so dumping toys to feed their families.

According to asking prices on kijiji, 15 and 16 xm's are worth thousands more than what they sell for new.
Funny thing is that the sleds aren't selling. Interesting.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how some guys think they can ride them 1 or 2 years and still be worth almost new price. I counted over 200xm 14-16 on Kijiji. Crazy.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to asking prices on kijiji, 15 and 16 xm's are worth thousands more than what they sell for new.
Funny thing is that the sleds aren't selling. Interesting.
Yes a lot of peeps are out of touch and others are giving them away.

Top Bottom