fuel gauge float sinks...

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so the gas gauge on my RMK has recently been reading empty all the time. my float sinks. I compared the float with a buddies and mine weights 16g, vs. his that is only 9g.

Can these things somehow get waterlogged? are they hollow? can I buy just the float that runs on the gauge?

So many questions eh?

thanks.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sorry I have no answer to your question.

But what kind of scale are you using? why do you have it?

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sorry I have no answer to your question.

But what kind of scale are you using? why do you have it?

I have a few different digital scales I have used for things like weighing goose eggs, or calibrating loads for a pistol/rifle loader.

and yes, the drug thing too.

yes, I hope it's NOT waterlogged. shitty about the gas logged capability. anyone know if they can be replaced or do you have to buy a whole new gauge?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The float in my M1000 went for a dive and didn't come back up last year too. What the hell are they making these things out of....sponge? :confused:

LB_

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same problem here. My buddy is working on it. I'll let you know when he has figured it out.:d

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same problem here. My buddy is working on it. I'll let you know when he has figured it out.:d

Sounds like a smart guy. Fill us in if he figures it out.

On another note, I've had my float sitting in front of the fire for the last 24 hrs. it has gone from 16g to 14g. The 'control' float (stolen from a friends new sled) sitting beside his started at 10g and is still at 10g.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So I let my float sit inside in front of the fire for 5 days. weight slowly changed from 16g to 13.5g. the new float I had to compare stayed at 10 the whole time.

My gas gauge works now. We'll see how long it continues to work for.

Last edited:
Top Bottom