Forestry Roads Mcbride

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just wondering which roads near McBride have the best fishing spots. I would like to try fishing the Blackwater and Holmes river this summer can any of you give up your secret spots on where to catch a trout.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Fishing

YEA, I'M CURIOUS ABOUT THE FISHING OUT THERE TOO.... MIGHT HAVE TO PICK UP A CHEAP QUAD THIS YEAR AND DO A LITTLE MORE FISHING ON WEEKENDS. I UNDERSTAND MOST FORESTRY ROADS ARE PUBLIC ACCESS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED?? IF SO, THEN SOME OF THOSE ROADS GO BACK IN QUITE A WAYS.... WOULD BE GOOD FISHING(JUST CHECKING OUT GOOGLE EARTH), SO, LIKE SLEDDERGLEN ASKS "ANYONE HAVE A SECRET FISHIN' HOLE"??:confused:

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fishing

I was looking at the Holmes river FSR and it goes way back in there I wonder if you can take a quad all the way back there. Fishing got to be better there than where we usually fish south of Hinton. Dont really need to keep them just catch and release unless one fits the frying pan just right.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mcbride quad

This is on my first to do list, find out about the quad trails and where we can go for fishin, or just a day ride. Because I will be there end of April should be just in time to do some exploring. Will keep you posted. Barry

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Forestry Roads

Ill come up and we can go exploring for the weekend sometime Barry. that will be a fun. Maybe a group ride or .

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not too sure on the areas in Mcbride, but the Holmes can be a good river on the fly as well as the goat on the other side of town. Fish just under the large water fall on the Holmes. For those comming from Hinton way, if you havent caught a 15lb jack on the fly from Talbot, that is a must.....water is only about 1-2' deep, its just like bonefishin.

On another note, we at VARDA are in the process of trying to develop an ATV trail guide for our area, but with all the restrictions, its not going to be easy. If any of you have favorite trails in the area, let us know what they are.

Curtis

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Definatly keep us posted on the quading around Valemount.I was hoping to ride up to the clemina cabin this summer,you say that is not allowed or is it just Allen your not allowed to ride too!May have to switch gears and try out Mcbride...........or both!
catmando!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To the Clemina cabin I believe is Ok. Its hard to get answers. What VARDA is worried about is the swamp around the Clemina Cabin. Its terribly soft ground and it would be very tempting to shred that area to pieces. Hopefully I'll have some full detailed info soon. Down the Kinbasket lake has some great areas, Ptarmagin, Hugh Allan etc.

Curtis

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that you can ride up to the lucile cabin but not the renshaw. its protected. Ride'n'hide told us if we wanted to quad back into lucile we had better bring spare tires. He said its not worth the drive!!

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
McBride Quad Trails

We had a blast In 2006 riding the trails around McBride.

There were 15 of the Outlaws Quad Club drive to McBride.

Attaches is a map we rode the west side of McBride on Saturday August 2006
Which is the North & South Dore River and another large valley north of the Dore. Took all day to ride the 3 valleys about 120km return

On Sunday we rode the McKale River Valley (Renshaw) about 50km return.

Have to wait for later in the summer to cross a lot creeks as the water to high. Mid August we drove to the very ends of the valleys where the trail ends...it was not possible to go anyfurther, unless on foot.

Also all the alpine (above tree line) is off limits to quads have to walk up to the alpine from trails end. Some trails have signs or cables across to mark the upper limit for quads.

Great Time...

Last edited:

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pics of End of the Trail - McBride

Pic 1 - Driving up the South Dore Logging Road (61)
Pic 2 - End of the South Dore trail (84)
Pic 3 - End of the North Dore trail (71) McBride is over the farthest mountain top

Last edited:

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pics of McKale River (Renshaw)

Pic 1 - Mid August the crreks are still high to cross some of us got wet
Pic 2 - End of McKale road at end of the slash and base of steep climb to the cabin (alpine)

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures, looks different without snow. :thumbsup2:Have always wanted to ride the forestry roads in B.C. in the summer but way to many family activities close to home with the family. Happy trails to all those who can venture out.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Wow, those are "Awesome" photos. It's much greener out there in the winter (lol).
Glad to see everyone had "brain buckets" on.

Ride careful and smart. My nephew hit a swoop a month ago and was in the hospital for 3 weeks, lost a kidney and may loose his splene. Had he been wearing a kidney belt the handle bar might not have done so much damage.
He won't be riding again this year.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Wise Words Fuzzyone!!!

Wow, those are "Awesome" photos. It's much greener out there in the winter (lol).
Glad to see everyone had "brain buckets" on.

Ride careful and smart. My nephew hit a swoop a month ago and was in the hospital for 3 weeks, lost a kidney and may loose his splene. Had he been wearing a kidney belt the handle bar might not have done so much damage.
He won't be riding again this year.

SPEAKING OF WEARING "PROTECTION"..............LOL WHEN ARE YOU GETTING A TEKVEST OR SOME KIND OF CHEST PROTECTOR??? GONNA GET SOME FOR THE KIDS THIS SUMMER FOR SURE, READY FOR NEXT SEASON. AFTER ALL THE PEOPLE(BBTOYS, COURTNEY, JASON, ALL WITH HURT RIBS FROM HANDLE BARS), INJURED BY HANDLEBARS ETC, YOU'D THINK MORE PEOPLE WOULD BE WEARING CHEST PROTECTORS OF ONE TYPE OR ANOTHER??? SORRY ITS A LITTLE OFF THE TOPIC ON THIS THREAD, BUT ITS VERY IMPORTANT.............
PS: VERY NICE PICS, AND YUP, DEFINATELY MORE GREEN IN THE SUMMER, EH??:D

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
CJ and I will be protected this winter when we head up. I agree, with the amount of people we know who have been hurt it's "A Must".
Cheers
:D:D:D
SPEAKING OF WEARING "PROTECTION"..............LOL WHEN ARE YOU GETTING A TEKVEST OR SOME KIND OF CHEST PROTECTOR??? GONNA GET SOME FOR THE KIDS THIS SUMMER FOR SURE, READY FOR NEXT SEASON. AFTER ALL THE PEOPLE(BBTOYS, COURTNEY, JASON, ALL WITH HURT RIBS FROM HANDLE BARS), INJURED BY HANDLEBARS ETC, YOU'D THINK MORE PEOPLE WOULD BE WEARING CHEST PROTECTORS OF ONE TYPE OR ANOTHER??? SORRY ITS A LITTLE OFF THE TOPIC ON THIS THREAD, BUT ITS VERY IMPORTANT.............
PS: VERY NICE PICS, AND YUP, DEFINATELY MORE GREEN IN THE SUMMER, EH??:D

Top Bottom