First ride

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put on 50 miles today,
16 axys 163 2.6

First thing I notices was it rides better on the trail but it seam harder to keep going where I want, could be first ride of the year.

Noticed it is easier to get on edge and it is much nicer to recover from a carve, something I had a hard time with on my 13 from time to time.

Power in break in was lame off the bottom and awesome in the mid range top end was ok. Great day exempt buddies 14 assault now needs a right lower a arm download_20151109_142705.jpg

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my first ride on mine this weekend aswel! Put 75 mi on my 155x2.6 and loved every second of it!

I found it felt exactly like my pro in a way that I didn't feel I had to get used to it. I was immediately comfortable on it. The biggest difference I noticed was the traction and the responsiveness of the chassis. We got to ride the deepest snow I've ridden in years and I didn't once wish I had the 3" track. The new track combined with extra ground clearance works very well in keeping the sled moving! Many times I thought I was stuck for sure (as I would have been on my pro) and one little wiggle or a push with your foot and the sled pops right back on top of the snow and keeps going!

Power wise I felt it had a lot of jam, especially after a few hrs run time. I would have to try it side by side with a pro to know the difference though as every sled feels powerful the first ride of the year! Haha

Overall I am very happy with the new sled and can't wait to put more miles on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forgot to say it stayed cooler on the trail

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stayed cooler than the pro? Even on break in that's good news as its been an issue on every pro. What temp were you running on the trail and in deep snow?

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
123 all day and the assault with me hit 149. We traded on the ride down and my buddy was impressed as well, my 13 would have been way hotter

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 16 163 Axyss runs much cooler than my 15 163. Ran no scratchers on the trail, my 16 ran at 122 with the wife's 13 600 155 running165.
Big improvement on the cooling and the power gain over my 15 was very noticeable.
Huge stoke factor!

Top Bottom