Fire Season 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like we are going to get some rain here on range road 33. Hearing lots of thunder. Haven't decided if thats good or bad yet
There was a tonne of thunder and flashes over here last night and followed by some good rain. Grounds wet here again as I emerge from my basement office. Hopeful for much more.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
There was a tonne of thunder and flashes over here last night and followed by some good rain. Grounds wet here again as I emerge from my basement office. Hopeful for much more.
If it's not raining at your place yet it will start in a few minutes.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Sure hope this rain is hitting the Drayton fire. Sounds like all the evacuees along the Yellowhead are going home.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got rain west and north of town yesterday, but nothing in the city. Doesn't look like much coming in the next 14 days either.

Looks like more than a few houses were lost on the banks of the Wapiti River this weekend.

It's tinder dry here right now.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spratic rains in Lacombe and area after driving around and taking too folks...

Some spots got a good soaking,,, Sprinkles in other spots...

Fingers crossed...

Thanks for up-dates in your folks area...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
red deer got a nice rain, some hail around noon, nordegg wasn't evacuated from what i heard?

i think a call should be put into double D mr Fernie to do a rendition of his rain dance for alberta rain!

Rn4

Reaction score
Super patchy rain west of leduc today. Ditches full on one range road and go a mile down the road and it’s bone dry, lucky to had ten drops. Then ditches covered white with hail by Thorsby

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its summer now for 3 or 4 months and its supposed to be hot.

Too bad we have these antifa wannabe, ndp voters going around with jerry cans.

If you see one if these losers, dont be afraid to beat them to a pulp...

FvdQIwRaIAAMqze.jpeg.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a one sided propaganda piece, government of Alberta has already stated why they quit the rapid attack,

i'm sure there service was very valuable , but they were used on less than 2 % of fires, so Alberta Government turned these trained people into on the ground firefighting crews!
always about best performance for the $$. unlike nuttly who just let Ft Mac burn?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its summer now for 3 or 4 months and its supposed to be hot.

Too bad we have these antifa wannabe, ndp voters going around with jerry cans.

If you see one if these losers, dont be afraid to beat them to a pulp...

View attachment 268787
wouldn't surprise me one bit that this was how 50% of the fires burning started? these people get led down the path listening to these psychopath web sites that promote this crap, and then go out and act upon this stuff!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Goes both ways.
yup, Nutley saved a bunch of money, cancelled firebudgets all over, let Ft Mac literally burn to the ground. fit her agenda perfectly, eliminate oil activity and force people out of the area! not good!
i would think what you spent on forest fires last year should be the start of next years budget, but typical government organizations go nuts trying to spend any money they haven't used from the previous yrs budget. so the point is mute?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a one sided propaganda piece, government of Alberta has already stated why they quit the rapid attack,

i'm sure there service was very valuable , but they were used on less than 2 % of fires, so Alberta Government turned these trained people into on the ground firefighting crews!
always about best performance for the $$. unlike nuttly who just let Ft Mac burn?
actually it says they only rappelled on 2% of fires and they were still used as ground firefighting crews even if they weren't rappelling. Seems like all they saved on was some helicopter hours.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup, Nutley saved a bunch of money, cancelled firebudgets all over, let Ft Mac literally burn to the ground. fit her agenda perfectly, eliminate oil activity and force people out of the area! not good!
i would think what you spent on forest fires last year should be the start of next years budget, but typical government organizations go nuts trying to spend any money they haven't used from the previous yrs budget. so the point is mute?

And then she said in an interview that she would gladly help Danielle smith with dealing with these fires due to all her experience lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom