Fire Season 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any drayton valley folks have some input?

Attachments

• IMG_20230511_220835_623.jpg
    IMG_20230511_220835_623.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 167

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hopefully they got that up in Fox Creek area too, and down towards Edson!

Looked like fox creek way and up around the west half of slave lake and swan hills got some as well, not sure on Edson area though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at the farm yesterday. Little rain we got is gone.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It poured rain here In town on and off yesterday afternoon but the rain came with thunderstorms. My rain gauge only said we got 1/4” of rain, when I looked this morning. Hopefully it rained where it was needed.

I hope fox creek got some, I see a new alert that everyone in the fox creek and little Smokey are has to be out by noon today.

Just talked to my brother and he lives on The east end of whitecourt on a acreage, and they didn’t get any rain.

Last edited:

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you are saying that the fire that went through the sprawling metropolis of Hines Creek Alberta , population of 350 ,burnt 3 or so houses up to rig an election? phuk boys

Not saying it's because of the election, just lots of people up there who were actually fighting these fires and are being turned away and barred from helping while the fires rage on, tons up there are seeing what's really happening. People are saying full water trucks are being refused which could be used. The stories that people who are on scene who whiteness what's happening is dispicable.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That was posted earlier on this thread and that is why I asked the question above.
Did you check out Drayton Valley?
This doesn’t make any sense other than it is similar to High River..........army comes in to deal with the flood and the RCMP go after the guns.
So are the army dudes there to create a distraction and the RCMP will do their thing?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for Drayton, but this area is the same, fires are mostly out but homeowners can't go back in. The issue is we still haven't got any appreciable rain, beginning of April I believe was the last time we got any significant amount. With the heat we are getting it wouldn't take much to reignite a hotspot and have full blown forest fire within a few hours like happened last Friday. Homeowners will be allowed back in once all the hotspots are out, helicopters have been working the areas consistently for the last week.

This happened near Valleyview at Sturgeon lake, fire moved through and by mid Monday residents were allowed back in, Thursday a hotspot reignited and started the forest back on fire and everyone was evacuated again.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was posted earlier on this thread and that is why I asked the question above.
Did you check out Drayton Valley?
This doesn’t make any sense other than it is similar to High River..........army comes in to deal with the flood and the RCMP go after the guns.
So are the army dudes there to create a distraction and the RCMP will do their thing?
I can’t get near Drayton on any of the roads I tried. I’m not allowed on my side by side or Id be downtown right now posting live video. 📽️. I understand old people leaving, but I would never leave my house because somebody on tv told me. I am in charge of whether I’m in danger or not.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can’t get near Drayton on any of the roads I tried. I’m not allowed on my side by side or Id be downtown right now posting live video. 📽️. I understand old people leaving, but I would never leave my house because somebody on tv told me. I am in charge of whether I’m in danger or not.

Same. I wouldnt have left either.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think people on social media are over reacting. It likely due to the hot temps that are in the forecast, the area is a tinder box as it is and why let People in the area that could either ignite another fire, and put the residents back on another evacuation.
Not everything is a conspiracy, and I feel for the frustrations of the residents affected.
Just because there is no visible smoke on a nice day doesn’t mean there is a issue. It will give a person a false sense of security.

FYI, I have pics of fires that reignited in the fox Creek area today.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda what I thought. But Facebook is gospel I spose.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/ severa...cuation-order-extended-another-week-1.6395923

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom