Fernie season 2020/2021

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely spring riding this weekend...hang onto your sled.

What he said. Was +11 on the hill this weekend. Felt like end of April...not mid-March. Melt off was happening like crazy, couldn't believe it. Rode in bibs and hoodies. Another 2-3 weeks of this and no new stuff and there won't be much left for access.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What he said. Was +11 on the hill this weekend. Felt like end of April...not mid-March. Melt off was happening like crazy, couldn't believe it. Rode in bibs and hoodies. Another 2-3 weeks of this and no new stuff and there won't be much left for access.

Joey's yamaha can still do 100 mph!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's raining like cats and dogs in Sparwood right now. Can't see the snowline from my house. I was out on Friday and Coal creek road from the staging area was HORRIBLE. End of the day it was mud almost to the martin turn off. I hope the temps drop a bit and the snowline will drop too. Sure can tell the season is coming to the end.

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wet snow and rain in Elkford right now and a bit above 0 so maybe it’s getting pummeled up higher. Would be nice cuz I’d like to get at least one ride in around here this winter lol?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year on April 4th I had the best day of my sledding life. 50cms of virgin powder. Mother nature has been quite rude to us this year. lol.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year on April 4th I had the best day of my sledding life. 50cms of virgin powder. Mother nature has been quite rude to us this year. lol.

Yes...April 4th was an epic day. Keeping my fingers crossed for a similar season ending storm.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No kidding! About to set a new lowest recorded snowpack at the Morrisey Ridge snow pillow station.

morrisey snow pillow.jpg

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie Factor has kicked in...39 Cm at the ski hill and no snow in Cranbrook. About 30 Cm in our yard, but the wind has kicked in so there will be some redistribution...could be real deep in lee areas.

Top Bottom