Favorite lure for catching trout?

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Red bead and a hook with a flasher durning the salmon season and we’ve caught some good sized ones

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have had good luck with chartreuse or fluorescent orange mepps lure, best with worm or some velveeta cheese on a hook.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly, anything else is for kids or poachers, real fishers use a fly on a flyrod for Rainbow.
Tom thumb is a good all around fly for new flyfishers, experience will want you to match the hatch though for real success.

I need to learn how to tie flies

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to learn how to tie flies

And how to pick the right fly

There are some very good courses out there, well worth the time and money to learn. Once you learn the art of fly fishing you will never go back.
I still troll and rig but only the ocean and when my wife wants to fish on the boat, she doesn't flyfish, otherwise 90% of my fishing is on shore at creeks and rivers and outlets.
I seldom fish from my boat unless i'm hunting salmon or large bottom feeders like Halibut. Occasionally fish for deep laying lakers in some of the Okanagan large lakes with the boat.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still cant believe no one is promoting dynomite? Drop it in , paddle away like crazy, paddle back hard, scoop up stunned fish before they wake up. No $500 carbon fibre pole needed?

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still cant believe no one is promoting dynomite? Drop it in , paddle away like crazy, paddle back hard, scoop up stunned fish before they wake up. No $500 carbon fibre pole needed?

Prolly fillet a couple at the same time y'all....

Top Bottom