Fall Creek Stagin Area

silver fox

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's an example...about 13 years ago one of the local clubs ie Lions did a bunch of repairs to the Chambers Creek trails system..within a few weeks the trucks went in and chewed the crap out of it...this pi$$ed them off and since then no other work has been done, it was a designated riding area with signage,grooming in the winter,mapped trails...now "they" have given up on it,many places are impassable,others have more and more "go-arounds" it's a frikin mess..that's how False Creek is getting..take the proposed railline trail to Nordegg, NO 4X4 trucks allowed...hmmm.....however there will be access to hikers,HORSES,quads,side-by-sides,motorcycles...but, alas, no 4X4 trucks,gee, maybe they're onto something..:rolleyes: And oh, they don't cause near the damage (jeeps/trucks) when it's DRY, which is about 5% of the time in this area..the challenge for the trucks is the holes,the skeg,otherwise they wouldn't require the lifts,the huge tires..as for myself, i am sick and tired of ALL the people whom come out and leave garbage (I took out a GRAINBAG full of empties May long from 1 "group's" campsite,and alas they were running BIG trucks with BIG tires, and they were some sort of "organized..Club", probably a "tread lightly Club"..maybe even from a northern city)...I average 5,000 k a year and don't feel a need to tear the crap out of the trails...in fact I need to keep my empties to pay for insurance and reg..and fuel...So here's what I'm gonna do...I'm gonna carry my camera with me from here on and document the knobs I come across and post the pics here and other sites so that they can be shown doing what they do best..wrecking the riding areas that my family spends our quality time in...BECAUSE I WANT TO BE ABLE TO KEEP RIDING FROM MY YARD OUT INTO THE WESTCOUNTRY..IT'S NOT A 'LET'S GO RIPPING AND TEARING AND GET DRUNK AND OBNOXIOUS FOR THE WEEKEND' thing for me and my neighbors..it's a lifestyle...we need to get things under control, and I think the biggest abusers tend to be the most "defensive", IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Hot Rod

Reaction score
This is what I love about interenet discussions....any ahole with keyboard can post a response! And what's even more annoying is when someone tries to pass themeselves on as some kind of expert " and I've been riding these trails for 20 years and blah blah blah!" You're really not impressing me!! This is the only realy I stoped going onto hobby sites, everyone has an opinion, and people are always trying to sing someone else. So childish.

You make yourselfs out to be such conservationist and you talk a good talk. But if you really want to do the best thing for your land around that area you should close it down to all off road vehicles and only make it accessible
to hikers and cross country skiers? And the more you bitch about it and bring it to the attention of the conservation authorities the more likely this will happen.

Last time I was down in Rocky off roading, I was randomly pulled over by a sheriff who asked me and I quote " I hope your not out there chewing up the trails and making a mess of things?" I couldn't f'ing believe he said that to me!! Who the hell is he to ask me where I was driving my vehicle. It's crown land, and there's lots of it! So tell me guys and girls? Why would he assume that I was out there chewing up the trails? Does it have something to do with the work Jeep on the side of my rig?

I'll tell you what guys, if you're so concerned about saving this land for you and your children and the next generation to come, maybe I should start complaining to the right people as well. Lets shut this land down to all off road vehicles, I know that would make the native population happy as well as this was they're land in the first place. Maybe we should get them involved and ask them?

You know what I find really disgusting about this thread? I'll tell you. I've off roaded and lived in other provinces in Canada, I'm not new to this sport, or any motorized vehicle hobby for that matter. One thing I've always love about motorized hobbies is the comradery and the willing to help out fellow riders, wheelers, ski doers, you name it. But not in this god for saken province. Never in my life have I experienced a large group of self righteous, whinney, self serving, entitleistic bunch of SOB in my life. You think you own everything and have a right to tell someone else they can't enjoy the same land that you dont' own. And this is the first time I've ever been given a hard time from fellow riders who I share the trails with. Not only on this web site but also riding in the Rocky area. I was actually chased out of the outwest atv camp ground one evening when I took my little girl there to use the bathroom and shower. The owner actually raised his voice in front of my child and said "you're not welcome here!" I couldn't f'ing believe it! But don't worry he'll get his, that's a form of discrimination. And how do you think my daughter felt. And why did he act that way???? Becuase of you whinney brats complaining that the ruts in the trails were to big! That's what the girl in the office told me when I went to complain.

ONLY IN ALBERTA!! You wonder why people come to this province, rape it for every naturaly resource it has and leave. You're the aholes of Canada.....stand proud Albertans!

30,000 dollars- The Jeep Jamboree was cancelled becuase they didn't have enough time to build bridges over the water crossing, and they couldn't raise the cash to do it the next year. But I suspect now that the reason the jeep jamboree was cancelled had something to do with the ATV lobby group complaning to their MPs about Jeeps making the trails more difficult to ride on.

There this should give you all something to think about for the rest of the afternoon.

And for what it's worth I've spent my time trying to fix up Palmer's cabin, I've brought food and supplies like many have done in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

silver fox

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I REST MY CASE!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE TRAIL SOMEDAY!!! I'LL KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE REDNECK JEEP DRIVER WITH AN ATTITUDE!!! :mad: You've painted a pretty good picture of yourself, and as for "the owner of the Outwest Campground", I know him, and he is a GOOD judge of character...be careful whom you threaten, time for you to go be an a$$ somewhere else..

Hot Rod

Reaction score
Redneck!! lol did you read a bloody thing I wrote? Typical Albertan getting hot under the collar when someone holds a mirror to this face. I live in the city, and I have an education and a job. My vehicle doesn't burn oil and I don't drink on the trail....hell I don't even own a gun. I think cowboy hats are gay, my spelling may be a bit poor, but we all aren't perfect right? And your implying that I have an attitude? I've experienced nothing but attitude on this site and on the trails around the Rocky area, and your're pointing the finger at me? Come on buddy, give your head a shake? You guys seem to have the attitude with Jeepers, you've clumped us all into the same group regarderless of where we are from and what modifications are done to our jeeps. And you go and keep an eye out for me if that makes you feel like more of a man, or you can keep sooking on this web site like a child!

And no he's not a good judge of character, who ever it was, he just assumed that I was a jeep making a mess of the trails. He didn't want to upset his ATV customers....sounds to me like he was just looking out for the almighty dollar. Not once did he think about what he was saying in front of my child.
That seems red neck to me sir!! And if my child wasn't there with me, he would have recieved foot to ass I quarantee it! That was just down right rude...but oops I forgot, I'm in Alberta, most of you are rude....and the sad thing is you don't even know it! You know what the rest of Canada thinks Albertans are like? Texans! They call it the Texas of Canada. Not just for the oil sir but for the a-hole king of the word complex that a lot of you have.

You know you guys really aren't making a good arguement here. You want to save the land for yourself so you can keep making a mess of it, keep other vehicles off the trails becuase you're the judge and jury on who should and shouldn't be allowed to ride on them......sounds like selfish bull ch!t to me. Last time I checked the trails said off highway vehicles not just ATV vehicles. But if you say that you're club is trying to change that, maybe I should start my own club and make sure my voice is heard?

Thanks guys and gals for being so helpfull and enlightening conversation. I know where most of you stand now on the issue of off highway rigs.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Here's an example...about 13 years ago one of the local clubs ie Lions did a bunch of repairs to the Chambers Creek trails system..within a few weeks the trucks went in and chewed the crap out of it...this pi$$ed them off and since then no other work has been done, it was a designated riding area with signage,grooming in the winter,mapped trails...now "they" have given up on it,many places are impassable,others have more and more "go-arounds" it's a frikin mess..that's how False Creek is getting..take the proposed railline trail to Nordegg, NO 4X4 trucks allowed...hmmm.....however there will be access to hikers,HORSES,quads,side-by-sides,motorcycles...but, alas, no 4X4 trucks,gee, maybe they're onto something..:rolleyes: And oh, they don't cause near the damage (jeeps/trucks) when it's DRY, which is about 5% of the time in this area..the challenge for the trucks is the holes,the skeg,otherwise they wouldn't require the lifts,the huge tires..as for myself, i am sick and tired of ALL the people whom come out and leave garbage (I took out a GRAINBAG full of empties May long from 1 "group's" campsite,and alas they were running BIG trucks with BIG tires, and they were some sort of "organized..Club", probably a "tread lightly Club"..maybe even from a northern city)...I average 5,000 k a year and don't feel a need to tear the crap out of the trails...in fact I need to keep my empties to pay for insurance and reg..and fuel...So here's what I'm gonna do...I'm gonna carry my camera with me from here on and document the knobs I come across and post the pics here and other sites so that they can be shown doing what they do best..wrecking the riding areas that my family spends our quality time in...BECAUSE I WANT TO BE ABLE TO KEEP RIDING FROM MY YARD OUT INTO THE WESTCOUNTRY..IT'S NOT A 'LET'S GO RIPPING AND TEARING AND GET DRUNK AND OBNOXIOUS FOR THE WEEKEND' thing for me and my neighbors..it's a lifestyle...we need to get things under control, and I think the biggest abusers tend to be the most "defensive", IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

X2. I agree with you 100% even though I am from the "Northern City" area . Your backyard is my playground and it deserves all the respect in the world, and ANY one ripping it up can go to HE!!.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BECAUSE I WANT TO BE ABLE TO KEEP RIDING FROM MY YARD OUT INTO THE WESTCOUNTRY..IT'S NOT A 'LET'S GO RIPPING AND TEARING AND GET DRUNK AND OBNOXIOUS FOR THE WEEKEND' thing for me and my neighbors..it's a lifestyle...we need to get things under control, and I think the biggest abusers tend to be the most "defensive", IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Isn't this what we hear over and over from people who live in the mountains of BC, in regards to weekend warriors from Alberta?
(unfortunate Note: every year I ride more and more on the weekends in BC.... and I do live in Alberta.....)

Everywhere you go should deserve respect. Lots of people don't seem to have that quality anymore.

Last edited:

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
FOR THOSE WHO CLEAR TRAILS FOR OHV USE,,,,,,,, :)
For those who ride nice wide trails after driving on a road and think they have a right to be there,,,,,, You do,,,,,,, and the ones who bust a back doing the the work to keep trails open and not closed by lobbyest are worried (WE) won't be able to ride,,,, but really don't care if the 4x4's can,,,,,, they are being pushed farther and farther away,,,,,, someday there will be no more 4x4s in the woods,,,,, and there will be designated trails for ohv's ,,, we will still ride as will our children,,,,,,,, and thiers! :)
http://www.wildkakwasafari.com

outwest camping

Reaction score
Website
www.outwestcamping.com
Point A--Out amenities are for our customers..not for anyone driving by who feels nature call

Point B--Your daughter maybe should get used of intelligent people berating you..you might find it happening a lot in the course of your lifetime

vuldub

Reaction score
haha

To all of you that blame Jeeps and off road vehicles for the condition of your trails F$%ck yourself.
It's really hard to have a crediable voice when you attack ATVers in their clubhouse. I would suspect that if I meet you on the trail you would be just as much of a jerk in person. Does your tread lightly motto support whacking down trees in the campgrounds or burning picnic tables? If so, then I think we met several years ago and the CO's are still looking for you. Oh, and I'm not a quadder, but you can hate me too if it pleases you.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Outwest last year and it is a great place.
Hot Rod needs anger management or something...:nono:
Like he would ever help anyone on a trail.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FOR THOSE WHO CLEAR TRAILS FOR OHV USE,,,,,,,, :)
For those who ride nice wide trails after driving on a road and think they have a right to be there,,,,,, You do,,,,,,, and the ones who bust a back doing the the work to keep trails open and not closed by lobbyest are worried (WE) won't be able to ride,,,, but really don't care if the 4x4's can,,,,,, they are being pushed farther and farther away,,,,,, someday there will be no more 4x4s in the woods,,,,, and there will be designated trails for ohv's ,,, we will still ride as will our children,,,,,,,, and thiers! :)
Let's Get Dirty,,,,, In the Mud!!!

While I don't agree with HotRods attitude, picking one kind of recreation over the other is wrong. It's the same as rifle shooters not caring if the government bans handguns. It's just the thin edge of the wedge.
There is increasing pressure from the enviro's to ban/limit all motorized recreation. As soon as the 4x4's are gone, guess what's next on the list??

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Truely they want us out of the big mnts, 4x4s have been out of there for years. in every sport we have bad apples,,,,,, I believe the hard core and drunken riders are recking the ohv sport. Some Jeeps and 4x4's are OHV as they are towed to a stagging area and they tend to be the hard core as they are the souped up ones. Maybe not all of them hit the bogs but most do,,,,,,, that is where the challenge is,,,,,, mother earth can heal herself over time,,, bogs mend and ruts fade away,, but not before eyes of those see all that has been done. The only way to protect the sport we are in is to (TRY) to make a difference out there. Not sit back and think all is well. Join a real ATV club, or gather some ppl and get out and fix the trails some. And document it with AOHVA or SRD.
Let's Get Dirty,,,,, In the Mud!!!

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see, i had heard that it would be a 4x4 closure like the one on the road that goes to the Gap,,, inpassable to 4x4s but ATV accessable,,,,, I also had heard the dry creek road was being closed as well,,,,,, I am having some issues with Jeepers on my Tour trails but not much I can do,,, thats what you get for cutting back windfall to keep green riders from hitting them,,,,,,,, it becomes a Jeep trail,,,,,,, now I will only cut wide enough for quads!!!!! :)

And SXS's I hope.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is this hot rod for real, with an attiude like that he should maybe go back east, only they may have kicked him out. sounds like one on the bottom of the gene pool. i think even the edmonton jeepers would fail to own him. you usually think you have seen it all until this guy shows up. God help the west country.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Was out at Falls Creek yesterday,,,, staged at the Baseline Parking lot and made a loop through Falls Creek to the Mainline @KM 29 or so and headed east to Outwest/752 West and back along the #752.... what a ride,,,, around 60 km. The Falls creek trail wan't too bad but there was some new blowdown and was impassable, but we where carring a chainsaw and accually had to cut a new trail in one spot due to a massive spruce down the center of the trail. Funny thing was there was 2 guys on the other side wondering how they where going to get through as there was old dead fall 2 feet across we had to cut. But they helped out and we all chated for awhile. So if you are out and about falls creek it would be a good idea to carry a saw and help out with a few we didn't get as we where working trying to get our GPSes with tracks on them for our rental machines, so couldnt spent allot of time out there, just cutting,, took us 7 hrs as it was to get around.

Last edited:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I really hope that area stays open for years to come. Thanks for clearing the trail Safari guy

Top Bottom