Fall Creek Stagin Area

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Yes it is a nice ride,,,,,,, we got alot of wind last fall and this spring so there are a fair amount of new trees down,,,,,,, nothing makes a trip worse than makingit almost all the way and being turned back by a bunch of blowdown,,,,,,,,

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
We had that happen one year we went out there..Had to winch over a huge tree that was hanging over the creek..We eventually turned around as we didn't have a chain saw with us

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:d Went for a rip to day with my son-in-law and father-in-law and had a blast. Parked at Baseline parking lot went up to new firetower, came down and went to old firetower (father-in-law really enjoyed that !!! He's 69 yrs old) LOL LOL. Came down the mountain and rode to fall creek staging area, rode up the creek a ways BUT couldn't find the sulphur springs or the falls ????
:confused: Where are they from the staging area ?? [/B] :confused:
I was there a few yrs ago but can't remember how to get there.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
You guys and your bloody quads....it's crown land for god sakes!! Stop whinning about it. We all dont' have the money for a truck and a quad and a trailer! Jeez what a bunch of bull!

And I've been on those trails many times, the quads make as much of a mess as jeeps do.

Let me remind you of something....not all jeeps have 44 inch tires, not all jeepers go out to your area and tear the place up, leave a mess, and hit the road. My off road club practices tread lightly. And lets also not forget who invented the off road hobby, it was WW2 vets coming home from the war with military issued jeeps they purchased off the government. I don't think they had 1000cc rhino's back in the 50's. I don't understand how you can think one vehicle is less or more destructive than the other. I've seen quads chew up a trail as much as a jeep. :realmad:
And that being said, when I'm on the trail around the Rocky area and I encounter quads I usually get the thumbs up, and they will stop and watch us go through the trail in amazement that we can actually get a vehicle down some of these washed out trails. More than one occasion they have taken pictures of us wheeling on the trails.

So tell me, if you manage to get the jeeps off the trails, who are you going to point the finger at next? The rhino's being to big?
At one time horse riders use to bitch about quads chewing up the trails.

The point of my rant is you don't own the land in the first place, and if they block it off we will just go somewhere else. If you want to make smaller trails with your chainsaw, we will make larger trails with ours. I haven't dumped 10 grand into my jeep to explore the beautiful province to be bitched out by whinney quaders!

I'm not on here to make friends I could really care less!

All I can say is I hope we don't run into each other out there. YOU WONT BE HAPPY!! and likely not walking either azzhat!

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:d Went for a rip to day with my son-in-law and father-in-law and had a blast. Parked at Baseline parking lot went up to new firetower, came down and went to old firetower (father-in-law really enjoyed that !!! He's 69 yrs old) LOL LOL. Came down the mountain and rode to fall creek staging area, rode up the creek a ways BUT couldn't find the sulphur springs or the falls ????
:confused: Where are they from the staging area ?? [/B] :confused:
I was there a few yrs ago but can't remember how to get there.

keeping heading north down the valley you keep crossing the creek a whole bunch of times when the valley starts to narrow you are getting close the sulfer springs are on you left about 2/3rd of the way to the falls

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keeping heading north down the valley you keep crossing the creek a whole bunch of times when the valley starts to narrow you are getting close the sulfer springs are on you left about 2/3rd of the way to the falls

Thank you !
I sure hope I can make it out there again over the next few weeks so I can find it, before the weather turns crappy. :eek:
(Man,I not ready for winter yet !! )

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score

Was wondering about this trail and how you get there from rocky. coming out to the area mid-august 14th to 20th

Also is the trail a safe bet for one quad to go down or is it a buddy trail?

Looking forward to coming out west for the 1st time and getting to see what everyone talks about, the good.

Is there anything that us eastern AB people can do to donate some money to local ATv clubs that do trail maintance and public awarness. I would love to volunteer as thats what I like to do, but living 3 hours away makes it mildly difficult.

Perhaps this is something Snow And Mud could help out with Set up a permanent link that shows ATV clubs and there activities and how to Sponsor them.

Oh ya and hot rod you flammer if don't like AB GET THE FU.. OUT YOU POS! Id like to b!tch slap your face right in front of your kid. And I garuntee you I would let you know my thoughts in person not just on internet with a keyboard..matter a fact Id slap you with a keyboard just to make a point.:chainsaw:

Why our Ab people a-hole's... because of people like you who come here take our jobs, wreck our land, tell us how chitty it is to live here compared to utopia where you used to live. You like it so much go back there live on wellfare that hardworking true AB people pay for. Your probably one of those J-aces who live here and spend all your money in your home province and want more,more,more from Ab. Take jeep and drive into a Lake.

This statment in no way includes people that have moved here and love it and work hard, Nefies included worked with alot of them and loved it.;)

Kelzon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Griz-L-Bar......... This is the address for the ATV. Society that takes care of the Big Horn Dam Trails & The Humming Bird Trail area. They keep the trails updated and in very good riding condition. I am a member, and Happy to donate. The annual fee is $ 25.00 Hope This info helps you. Kelzon.

Bighorn Heritage ATV. Society
Box 702 Condor Alberta
T0M0P0

You can also go on line for the forms.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
This is the Bighorn ATV Societies website link,,,, they have a trail Maintainance every year,,,,,,, we will be doing some on our own in the West Country this summer as well,,,,, not near as organised as BHAS,,, ussually cutting trees on trails that every one else turns around on.

Top Bottom