Facial piercing's and exposed tat's and career future?

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there's more than a few guy's and gal's on here in management position's
just wondering what your view's might be on this topic.
I went to tim's this AM and the only white girl in the whole place had blue hair, at least 6 piercings in her face and tat's covering half of her forearm. I would say not much older that 18,I'm thinking to myself what kind of a future does she think she is going to have?
I think I'm a fairly open minded person, but there's no way I would hire someone to work a counter/sales/management that looked like that.On the same note a friend of mine is currently looking for a new sales/management job and is in the middle of having his whole arm done (from shoulder to wrist)
IMO tat's belong under what a t-shirt can cover unless you own your own company
or don't want to "climb the ladder"
AM I WRONG OR WHAT?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could always get a suit if you really want to look professional.

Better-Conner-M-Champ.jpg

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the worst is the ear hole spacer rings they look like crap if you see someone with out them in
plastics surgeons are raking in the cash fixing those holes

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a guy with horn implants in Calgary. Now that was fukt......

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of Emergency Services are putting tattoos and piercings into their deportment policies. Fort McMurray Fire stated that tattoos must be covered, and no visible piercings. They would make exceptions for tattooed wedding bands.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No your not wrong. When ever I had someone on my rig crew come to work with face piercings I made them remove it. Some complained but I said I will not set myself up for filling out an incident report when you get that thing ripped off your face and we have to shut the rig down to take you to the hospital. Also I would imagine those things would freeze up skin in the winter. I didn't want to find out.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have thought for sure that it would have been some sort of human rights issue by now. I was curious, so I did a bit of reading and tattoos and piercings are not covered by the Human Rights Act unless they are religious or cultural in nature. Once hired though, it can be more difficult to get rid of someone on that basis unless it can be proven to adversely affect his work or the business. In a union shop, it can become slightly more difficult unless a policy is written into the collective agreement.

I'd never hire someone that looks this way. ...and for once, I'd be perfectly within my rights not to do so.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in a manager position with a multinational(Canada /US) construction firm and have sleeves. I had them done prior to taking the managerial position as well and nobody in upper management seems to bat a eye. I wear a collared short sleeve shirt everyday and have never been asked to cover them up. I think tattoos are becoming more main stream and accepted by many. Agreed that neck tats are not for everyone, certainly not myself.

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being a little older I don't like tattoo's and piercings.to each his own
My son has arm tattoo and wishes he didn't but cot too much to get removed
You have to be cautious about not hiring because of that
My rights human rights and discrimination
The ear hoops look terrible and smell

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of Emergency Services are putting tattoos and piercings into their deportment policies. Fort McMurray Fire stated that tattoos must be covered, and no visible piercings. They would make exceptions for tattooed wedding bands.

We are headed in that same path in Leduc.

Piercings are not allowed visible. So far depending on tattoo to cover up.

Tattoo rings are ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in a manager position with a multinational(Canada /US) construction firm and have sleeves. I had them done prior to taking the managerial position as well and nobody in upper management seems to bat a eye. I wear a collared short sleeve shirt everyday and have never been asked to cover them up. I think tattoos are becoming more main stream and accepted by many. Agreed that neck tats are not for everyone, certainly not myself.

Do you work in the office pushing paper or are you in the field dealing with customer's/lining up new work ect?
I have no issue with tat's, I just think covering your arm's with them is going pretty far unless you want to limit your
future.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are headed in that same path in Leduc.

Piercings are not allowed visible. So far depending on tattoo to cover up.

Tattoo rings are ok.

Lots of trade guys going to tattoo rings for safety reasons. I wear my wedding wing at work but I know I am pushing my luck some days when wearing it!

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the business world, visible tattoos or piercings will limit your growth potential.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no issues with tattoos either except for them on the face and crazy piercings. I have however spoke to a few individuals that look scary but contrary to my initial first time impression they were actually nice guys. Not sure I would hire them to do sales etc but one has to keep an open mind I guess.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stupid holes in the ear are the only thing I don't like, tattoo's I'm good with as well. What ever it's not me so I don't care, and it's never stopped me from hiring them either.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my own opinion only but, Facial piercings and ear holes........... YUKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of trade guys going to tattoo rings for safety reasons. I wear my wedding wing at work but I know I am pushing my luck some days when wearing it!

I went with a tattoo ring. Also only 2 of my tattoos show at work on my arms.

Top Bottom