Facial piercing's and exposed tat's and career future?

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you work in the office pushing paper or are you in the field dealing with customer's/lining up new work ect?
I have no issue with tat's, I just think covering your arm's with them is going pretty far unless you want to limit your
future.

I came from the field, spent 16 years as a site superintendent. I broke my neck almost 4 years ago sledding at Quartz Creek and my company bought me into the office for project management. Department manager position became available and low and behold the sleeved up biker got the job. I deal with clients on a daily basis, not one have mentioned my tattoos...or mullet for that matter. I stopped wearing an earring 4-5 years ago, but wouldn't hesitate to put it back in. In my opinion, my clients are far more concerned with my knowledge than they are with my tattoos. I know my ****, far more than the clean cut guys I hire coming out of school. My tattoos are very well done, I don't think they will limit my advancement in my industry at all.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I came from the field, spent 16 years as a site superintendent. I broke my neck almost 4 years ago sledding at Quartz Creek and my company bought me into the office for project management. Department manager position became available and low and behold the sleeved up biker got the job. I deal with clients on a daily basis, not one have mentioned my tattoos...or mullet for that matter. I stopped wearing an earring 4-5 years ago, but wouldn't hesitate to put it back in. In my opinion, my clients are far more concerned with my knowledge than they are with my tattoos. I know my ****, far more than the clean cut guys I hire coming out of school. My tattoos are very well done, I don't think they will limit my advancement in my industry at all.
Amen!!!

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got both sleeves done and both hands and I work in the construction field dealing with clients all day long and not once have anyone complained about my tats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
00df3312bee67fcd4802ba08c34fbbd8.jpg

I'm getting mine stretched.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No your not wrong. When ever I had someone on my rig crew come to work with face piercings I made them remove it. Some complained but I said I will not set myself up for filling out an incident report when you get that thing ripped off your face and we have to shut the rig down to take you to the hospital. Also I would imagine those things would freeze up skin in the winter. I didn't want to find out.
If your employees are getting their face that close to moving machinery I don't think the piercing is the problem.
If I was in a position to hire I would hire the most qualified person regardless how he/she chooses to express themselves. If tattys or piercings on someone else bothered me that much I would take a closer look at myself, not them. I'm not a fan of excessive piercings or tats but who am I to judge?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wedding rings replaced with a tatt... Great idea!
Have know 3 guys all missing fingers / due to hooking a ring ...it's not pretty !
The metal in the face ... Is pretty ridiculous IMO . But I am old ....

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's the old adage of you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. I know a few young guys that have multiple tattoos/sleeves, and without exception they can't articulate why they got them. "Because they're cool" or "everyone has them" are the typical responses. It's their bodies, money etc, but I think that they're a fad, one that like most fads will go out of style. I could understand if a perspective employer would pass someone over that had tats/piercings, thinking possibly they had questionable impulse control or judgement. That's not to say that they do, but it becomes an uphill push for them to sell themselves and prove themselves.
As the tattoo fad fades there's gonna be a generation of people stuck with tattoos that are no longer in style or cool or whatever. The permanence of them and the difficulty and cost of removal will possibly haunt them, and let's face it, that cute little butterfly on a perky 20 year old teat is gonna look like a pterodactyl on a bag of flour when she's 60.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE let's face it, that cute little butterfly on a perky 20 year old teat is gonna look like a pterodactyl on a bag of flour when she's 60.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. That's great. ^^

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah she looks way better without Tattoo's....LMAO Some people should just leave their close on, tattooed or not.

6baa288d7ad139e76a1748fec53af266.jpg

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your employees are getting their face that close to moving machinery I don't think the piercing is the problem.
If I was in a position to hire I would hire the most qualified person regardless how he/she chooses to express themselves. If tattys or piercings on someone else bothered me that much I would take a closer look at myself, not them. I'm not a fan of excessive piercings or tats but who am I to judge?

Obviously you have never worked on a rig. There are many ways to get a piercing ripped off your face on the lease. They are not my employee's and I don't judge them on their looks. If they get hurt on the job because I was negligent in preventing that injury. I'm the guy in big trouble. So it's a no brainer for me. You can be the best roughneck on the planet but you will have to remove the face rings.

Top Bottom