Facial piercing's and exposed tat's and career future?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's getting more and more accepted especially with younger generations. I have hardly any friends my age that don't have at least one tattoo. I don't think the fad of tattooing and body modification is going anywhere besides getting bigger. IMO a lot of it is stupid and looks like chit but that's not what we're here to talk about. I think if you have visible tattoos (ie. neck, hands), or more extreme piercings you are going to have limited employment opportunities vs someone that doesn't in certain businesses. Some industries don't care but others definitely do. I think we will see that attitude diminish as the older generation is replaced with the younger though. In the meantime don't expect to see sleeve tattoos or gauged ears in the boardroom of a billion dollar company.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Michael Wekerle(Dragon's Den) does ok....Canadian business man worth about 90 mill. Heavily tattooed, but agreed, a business owner and not an employee looking to climb a ladder. He owns the ladder.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the older I get, the more I change my look to be less noticed. I hold a supervision roll in a large company, with tattoos that are very visible. I'm treated fairly, like no one even notices. it's my work ethic that got me where I am, and in no way has it hindered my career.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My parents are business owners and growing up always told me they'd never hire anyone with visible tattoos or piercings... they've changed their tune the past few years after taking a chance on a guy who's worked out very well for them. It's becoming more accepted these days for sure, however I think there's still plenty of judgemental business owners and bosses who "might" hold it against an employee at least for the first while of them working there. Keep it tasteful and you shouldn't have a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom