Extra fuel

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometime we pack a extra fiver or two or four. LOL I think there were two in the t-bog

Attachments

• P4220017.jpg
    P4220017.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 313

mctrailboss

Reaction score
big snow days I take two linq cans. 30kms of trail also each way. like said earlier the last thing you want is the perfect day and not enough fuel to enjoy it to its fullest. I always use the one and sometimes the second.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
big snow days I take two linq cans. 30kms of trail also each way. like said earlier the last thing you want is the perfect day and not enough fuel to enjoy it to its fullest. I always use the one and sometimes the second.

I wish I had your energy. I'm spent after the sleds tank. Spare fuel is just to limp my sorry ass home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the gas gauge isn't very reliable ….you can have no bars and the light on and you still have 5-6 litres of fuel.that will get you along ways on a trail ride to get home.
When my light comes on I have about 12 litres left.

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I carried my LinQ Jerry for about 22 of 24 riding days last year. Didn't use it once, neither for myself or for others. This year I've carried it 1 out of 6 days. I've decided to stop carrying it unless I know there's tons of fresh ready to be torn up!

Fuel mileage on my ETEC is great. Not sure the exact number, but better than the other non-ETEC sleds I ride with for sure.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to run the demo out last season. Warning light on, no bars on the dash. Parked downhill to try get a bar and nothing. Drove 10k back to the cabin for a pop. Drove another 12 to the truck. Pumped 45L at the pump but forgot to take mileage. She'll go quite a ways, I'm gonna try run her dry again this winter but take my mileage.

And ah ya, I was in castlegar near big rock on club side when I turned around and headed home.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't imagine running a etec out of fuel starting with a full tank, we had 130 hard km of deep snow and still made it back to the trucks, poos running out 30 to 50 km sooner...

Seen a few guys pack a one liter jug of gas, for run outs or starting a fire.. But does not get used to often

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Set a new personal best, thanks to ideal conditions in Vale (deep fresh snow, blue skies): etec used 27L.

Grain Farmer

Reaction score
We always carry extra fuel, as others have said sometimes two jerry cans. Especially when days get longer and a guy wakes up to bluebird days after a nice snow storm. Not unusual for a 150-175km day at the renshaw. Last March, 5 of us in our group only 2 guys made it back to truck (on fumes), all extra fuel burned up. 3 of us ran out between 2 & 5 km from truck. But it was one of those EPIC days. This time of the year when it's dark by 5:00 it's tough to burn full tank, especially when visibility sucks. If your a cabin rider (beer drinker) and have to keep 4 walls within eyesight, probably extra fuel is a waist of time.

GS

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cabin rider

Omg that's funny shat right there

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 2011 I never touched my caddy once! All last year I went without one mounted on my sled, but mainly rode in Allen Creek, and a trip to renshaw and fingers. This year seeing all that deep in the photos I ended up buying one yesterday.

Has anybody tried adding rino liner to the caddy to blacken it? I'm not digging the thought of having a red can on my sled again.

Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Last edited:

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 2011 I never touched my caddy once! All last year I went without one mounted on my sled, but mainly rode in Allen Creek, and a trip to renshaw and fingers. This year seeing all that deep in the photos I ended up buying one yesterday.

Has anybody tried adding rino liner to the caddy to blacken it? I'm not digging the thought of having a red can on my sled again.

Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Mountain addiction jugs. They have some nice colours.

2012 T-XP is the most fun I've ever had on snow!

Clay911

Reaction score
Burnt 42 liters one day and 46 the other day on the weekend. The small MA jerry can is JUST enough. gonna start carrying the big MA can to make sure i make it back.

Jasonc

Reaction score
I ran 110 km today on the first ride on my new freeride, low fuel light on, running a couple of kms back to the truck on a FSR and when I would pin it it would go to 8000 rpm then cough and spit down to around 6000 and pick back up again. I am thinking that I was totally on fumes. opinions?

Top Bottom