Electric vs gas stove

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's time for a new stove in the house. Currently have electric but looking at switching over to gas. Gas line is already pretty close so wouldn't be too much work to route it. Anyone prefer gas over electric or not worth the hassle?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have electric at home and a gas stove at work. Gas burners and oven is electric. I prefer the gas stove. Our next home stove will be gas.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look into induction electric, instant hot, boils water in about 10% of the time a normal electric does, easy to clean as surface never gets hot.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the swap at Christmas. Went from electric to propane. We absolutely love it. True convection

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's time for a new stove in the house. Currently have electric but looking at switching over to gas. Gas line is already pretty close so wouldn't be too much work to route it. Anyone prefer gas over electric or not worth the hassle?

Once you go gas you will never go back. Let me know if you need any fittings or a hand man. I have my ticket and am close.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have gas top with electric oven. Not sure the pros cons since it’s use is outside of my normal scope of supply. I do like the fact you still have a cooktop when the power is out though.

Annacassandra

Reaction score
We recently put in a dual fuel range- stovetop is gas oven is electric. I love it, gas is so much better than electric. Instant heat, adjusts instantly, so much easier to cook with and the electric oven means you get the best of both worlds with more even and consistent oven heat.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look into induction electric, instant hot, boils water in about 10% of the time a normal electric does, easy to clean as surface never gets hot.

Does it require special pots and pans

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a new range at christmas,inductance top is amazing the control and speed of heat.I'll never go back.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a Heartland Heritage 6 burner gas in the house when we built it 13 years ago.
Will not be going back to electric.
Never an issue and great instant heat.
Looks exactly like the old wood stoves.
Black enamel and chrome.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Gas is wonderful.
Used for over 20 years.

Just remember to use the overhead fan when using.
We found without using the range hood we had a film on walls/cupboards/ceiling, etc.
Takes a long time to build up but there.

Our one house never had a range fan and that is what happened.

Wife says she loves the gas the best.

Gas oven broils better IMO.

Also seem to last forever.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electric all the way. plugged in and ready.

never let's me down for my cooking needs.

almost burnt my house down trying to cook hash oil on a gas stove one time. open flames and flammable fluids/gases is a hazard!

Last edited:

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once you go gas you will never go back. Let me know if you need any fittings or a hand man. I have my ticket and am close.
Thank you sir! I may take you up on that.

Well seems pretty unanimous. Gas it is

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Changed to gas a few years ago. Would Not go back to electric.
That being said a friend has induction and it’s pretty nice...except you have to buy all new pots and pans.
We went with gas oven, works good. I understand electric ovens are a little better.
Took a little re-training to get used to instant and consistent heat.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use to have an electric stove but converted over to NG years ago. Controlling the heat using NG is so much easier and better than electric IMO, which is probably why you see most restaurants using gas instead of electric.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We upgraded to a gas stove and will never have electric again. Instant heat. We got one with a huge centre burner and it came it a griddle pan that takes up the entire middle of the stove to cook breakfast. Its so awesome for pancakes, bacon and eggs.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/cooking-appliances/gas-range-nx58k9500wg/
We have the same stove wife hates it because of the constant cleaning compared to a smoothtop stove, and the ignitor overlap to ignite is poor have to goback and forth to light, nice stove got the black stainless.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Until recently, gas was the far superior option. These days, the induction stove top is the way to go - easy to clean, safe, extremely efficient, instant heat. People are already starting to replace gas with induction. The only catch is that your pots and pans need to be a ferrous alloy (magnetic), not aluminum, copper, or any other non-ferrous alloy.

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So every flat top stove I’ve seen has always been a pain to clean when stuff gets burnt onto it. Special cleaning scrubbing compound required, etc. Drop a pan and they crack when they’re hot.

Are the new induction ones the same way still?

Top Bottom