Will 2023 Be the Year of the Electric Car?

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cities have been trialing electric buses with limited success for years: https://energynews.us/2021/08/31/reliability-problems-stall-duluths-transition-to-electric-buses/

Calgary was about to start a trial of a few electrics but Turdeau just offered them $200M in grants and $168M in 1% interest loan to skip the trials and jump right to fully electrifying the fleet.

That’s gonna be a ch!t show
What really chaps my a** is that Gondek and these friggin' councillors seem to think there are multiple taxpayers out there. I have news for them. Everyone pays municipal, provincial, and federal taxes. Just because the money comes from another government body doesn't mean it is 'free money from the money tree'.:mad: It's still going to cost taxpayers $500M or more. Then there will be the inevitable cost overruns associated with the city putting in charging stations so these buses can put in a half days work before they are out of juice. Also Duluth, MN found out they can't just replace one diesel bus with one electric bus but need diesel buses for backup when the electric bus is done so we still need to buy diesel buses too. It's a pretty high price to pay for virtue signaling.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I may be a dinosaur and for sure in a few years that is what they will really be saying. I don’t see the future in EV other than maybe in the big cities or where there are short commutes and in warmer areas of the continent.

I have been thinking about a new truck for awhile now and it is a “new to me” F350 6.2l gasoline 4x4 with a long box. It is not a grocery shopper nor a go to church ride. It is a work and R&R truck and the EV whackoes can pound sand. Pull a holiday trailer ( not the smallest nor the largest) and transport our sleds for recreational purposes. I don’t think I will run out of places to fill up with gasoline anytime soon.

Happy trucking.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was gonna post that video in the "EV are harder on tires" thread.
Nice. Does it count that I rented a minivan this week. I spun the tires on the painted crosswalk lines. It has electric lights and seats with heaters…. Oh no sorry it’s run off of the gas engine. Man I was getting excited lol

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice. Does it count that I rented a minivan this week. I spun the tires on the painted crosswalk lines. It has electric lights and seats with heaters…. Oh no sorry it’s run off of the gas engine. Man I was getting excited lol
Only if you post a video driving it like Ken Block.

Top Bottom