EGR Delete 05 GM Duramax

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for some information on where to find a kit. and if someone knows of a website that has steps/pictures on how to remove from this truck.Cant seem to find anything? And if soemone has one? how is it? Any info would be greatly appreciated

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
couple options of doing it. you can do just simple blocker plate, or you can do full delete with it. EGR delete blocker plates start at $15.00 and just simply block the Exhaust gas. or the sinister kits just the basic kit from sinister is $189.00 and the one with intake tube $369.00. I just did one on a LBZ and it works awesome real cleans up the throttle response cleaned up the smoke a bit and reporting better fuel economy. You must run these with a programmer I do a bunch of EFI tunes and can do single,2 stage, or 5 stage programs. We also use sct for tuning as well

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do have an Edge CS . Woukd that be ok? And I'm hoping for something simple? Do you have a picture as to where to locate the valve itself?

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blocker plate is probably what you're looking for. It is installed in the flanged connection between the pass. side up-pipe ( exhaust from the header goes up behind the engine by the firewall to the turbo, but the up-pipe is a "Y" shape and the third connection is what you'll see connecting up to the EGR cooler. Look over by where the trans dipstick is I think.

The valve is under the cast part of the intake, pass. side, near the front of the engine ( The EGR cooler has the connection to the uppie on the back end and the valve on the front end where the intake piping is. EGR exits the cooler and passes up into the intake tract ). Visible from the RH side of the truck. Look for a wiring connection going into it and 4 screws holding it in place.

Description from memory when I did EGR delete as part of twins install over a year ago on an LBZ.... If I got one detail wrong for every case of beer thats been had in the garage since.... my info will be all wrong!

assaultbear

Reaction score
I had the EGR cooler and valve off my LLY doing a valve set and took a few minutes to build some blocker plates and a support for the intake. After seeing all the soot and gunk in intake, EGR had to go. Sinister kit would have been easier.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it's pretty wild seeing all that crap sitting in the turbo it makes me cringe everytime i do one. the sisnister kits are super easy to install. good and clean and sure make a difference we usually do the egr kits with PCV reroutes seems to work really well.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
n.a.d.p in edmonton sells the blocker plate and finger stick to make it so the engine light does not come on

Top Bottom