2016 f350 6.7

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got about 248 on my rig, I noticed my belt has a small tear in the middle of it (kind of looks like it was stabbed with a knife)

Anywho, I want to replace my belt/tensioner/idler before she pops in the middle of no where.

I know some of you run these trucks, any tips on the job for me? Mine has one alternator.

I did some YouTubing on line and found a video on the belt replacement by arod, seems decently straightforward. But nothing on tensioner/idlers. How is that job with fan etc still in place?

Also, trying to source it all on rock auto, I found the belt for single ALT but not motocraft tensioner/idler. I’m thinking of just ordering the stealership to avoid getting the wrong parts…unless someone has part numbers I can use

Thanks,

Gavin

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that particular truck. But other belts. Get the tool that’s made for the tensioner. It’s so much better then a ratchet!

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1/2” breaker bar works great because it’s long. I’ve changed belts, tensioner and alternator all without taking the shroud or fan off. Scrap a few knuckles tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a huge job, but more of a pain than most vehicles. While your at it check the vacuum pump behind the big fan bracket, most have the bolts come loose and weap oil. That would be the time to do the gasket on that as well.

Top Bottom