Edmonton Pot Holes

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
So I'm watching a couple of city workers filling holes.....what a joke.
One guy is clearly a supervisor and is holding a shovel bit doing nothing.
They have two little pot holes and I've been watching for 15 min and they just finished. Maybe 6 shovels to fill them.
Mostly just talking and "appearing" busy.
No drying the holes or adding tar...waste of time, they will be back next week.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good thing we had a hard time coming up with the cash for the rink. wait till the road maintenance tab rolls in. will be headlines for sure. probly need 300 million the city wont have. one thing that drives me nuts about edmonton is there budget skills. there should be NO budget for road maintenance and upgrades/snow removal. it is what it is. budget the rest ( if any ) for other programs.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edmonton is run by a bunch of mental monkies who have no idea how to do anything properly. Cant wait to see what the tax spike will be next year for this crap.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Need to do like the city of Hamilton and audit the system for productivity... Hamilton fired 39 city workers and realized a huge production increase in those who were left...

When I was overseeing a project at westmount mall every day the EPCOR & City of Edmonton workers would file into Timmies @ 9:30-ish (not sure what time they start) and they would be in there from 9:30 - 10:45 EVERYDAY..... 30 workers X $75/hr (not thier wage but the contract cost to the taxpayer) $2250/hr x 1.5 hr = $3375 each day for morning coffee at ONE timmies location....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need to do like the city of Hamilton and audit the system for productivity... Hamilton fired 39 city workers and realized a huge production increase in those who were left...

When I was overseeing a project at westmount mall every day the EPCOR & City of Edmonton workers would file into Timmies @ 9:30-ish (not sure what time they start) and they would be in there from 9:30 - 10:45 EVERYDAY..... 30 workers X $75/hr (not thier wage but the contract cost to the taxpayer) $2250/hr x 1.5 hr = $3375 each day for morning coffee at ONE timmies location....
\

LOL yea. ive noticed similar events.

the city engineering department purcahses the BEST survey equipment money can buy. same equipment we purcahse so we can run 1 person crews. the city uses that equipment the old fashioned way and runs a 3 person crew. cracks me up every time.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
So I'm watching a couple of city workers filling holes.....what a joke.
One guy is clearly a supervisor and is holding a shovel bit doing nothing.
They have two little pot holes and I've been watching for 15 min and they just finished. Maybe 6 shovels to fill them.
Mostly just talking and "appearing" busy.
No drying the holes or adding tar...waste of time, they will be back next week.

Are these videos that you shot?........LOL

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come to prince george, same sh!t On a low snow fall year. PG went over the snow fall budget and reserve. My street got cleared twice and i pay $4300/yr in taxes. Never mind the side walks, kids walking down the middle of the street so they can walk to school.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the city built a new snow dump on 50 st and just south of hwy 37... we were dumping snow in there this winter and in an 7-8 hour span 4 city workers could not repair a 15' length of chain-link fence, they had to finish the next day...

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is really sad is the seniors who retire in Edmonton on a fixed income and their taxes keep increasing every year because of the mismanagement. Pretty soon they can't pay the bills.

dude 1961

Reaction score
I look after this dump there was about 60 feet of fence down at that time also 5 posts that had to replace you better take a closer look next time guy it was not just fence
to be put back up and also maybe the guy who hit the fence can call the city and tell then that he hit the fence and not just drive and leave parts behide

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to complain on here. I rarely drive in the city like once a month maybe we make it in there.
Holey chit I have off roaded in better terrain than the city streets I was thinking I should start a suspension shop in the city. Would make millions with all the work you would get suspension tires and wheels We live in the sticks and our gravel roads are wayyy better than Edmonton city streets

Sure I'm a one hr drive to west Edmonton but my yearly taxes are about 1200 bucks. And I have 80 acres and better roads and still have 2ft of snow in my backyard to ride on :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365124991.626751.jpg pic was from 1/2 hr ago

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is there no accountability for the road's construction? It's hard to nag too much on the workers patching the potholes - total waste of time. It's like putting a band aid on a broken bone - doesn't fix the real problem. Sure, it eases the sudden "jarring" of the hole for a few weeks/months maybe, but why not improve road construction initially? Thicker pavement to start with - better QC of the contractors building the roads to ensure proper compaction, etc.. There's some older roads that are still around - sure they've cracked up over the years, but not many gaping holes like these new roads have! Maybe try some new materials??

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I look after this dump there was about 60 feet of fence down at that time also 5 posts that had to replace you better take a closer look next time guy it was not just fence
to be put back up and also maybe the guy who hit the fence can call the city and tell then that he hit the fence and not just drive and leave parts behide

Sounds like someone works for the city's transportation department.... The roads suck and its well known that the workers are slackers.

What really blows my mind is that the city of Edmonton blows hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions on stupid "art" projects instead of real necessities like properly paved streets and snow clearing. Who's idea was it to get a bunch of steel ball bearings and stack them by a roadway? Real genius at work there. I've driven haul roads in a mine that were smoother than an Edmonton street...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drive around edmonton all day today. MAN is it BAAAAD. i feel like im in a video game. some of them could do some damage if you hit them right. going to be some serious road repairs this season.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not only Edmonton ever Hiway in Alberta is falling apart under our tires and government cannot repair it with todays price of oil at 100 bucks a barrel they have to borrow money to make ends meet.

Top Bottom