Edge’s Juice w/Attitude fuel saving question!

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I was just wondering if anyone else whom has installed this unit is getting the same performance out if it I am. Before I installed it my driving computer would indicated a range of between 625 and 650 km on a tank of fuel since installing it and letting time go by so the driving computer could catch up to the change (October 2009). I’m seeing values of 775 – 795 km out of a tank of fuel.

These are non-towing mostly highway kms. I just went to Fernie and back on the weekend with another family. A 2008 Silverado 1500 gas truck and myself (2007 2500HD Duramax) filled up in Okatokes, drove to Fernie then back to Nanton (Average 120km/hr). It took him 66 litters of gas to fill up and I could barely squeeze in 52 litres of Diesel. We were both carrying the same stuff…kids and skis.

I’ve yet to do a real liters/100 km consumed…should have this past trip. Just wondering if anyone else is getting the same results…I know my economy had skyrocketed…just not too sure how much. PS the unit was set to economy mode.

PS>>Bought it on eBay for substantially less!!

I took this with my BB after filling up last eve:

IMG00007-20100207-1652.jpg

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I have one in my '06....... I can get almost 1000kms per tank, at 120kph....... Have gone from enderby, bc.... To home, and still had 1/8 tank or so..... Try that with your shebby or phord!!!!

I ALSO HAVE A DIABLO POWER PUCK(STACKED CHIPS)..... ;)

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I know on the Dodge the Juice will mess with your electronics, so range and mpg on the readouts are not accurate, however the fuel consumption definatley improves. I am running an 08 MegaCab, not known for mileage LOL and it was getting 12 out of the factory and with 78k I am now getting around 18-19.

I could barely get 500k per tank when new, and now I get consistent 600-650 per tank. The Dodge also takes a jump at about the 50k mark...

I have ran it on the past 4 trucks and love it...

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
I have one in my '06....... I can get almost 1000kms per tank, at 120kph....... Have gone from enderby, bc.... To home, and still had 1/8 tank or so..... Try that with your shebby or phord!!!!

I ALSO HAVE A DIABLO POWER PUCK(STACKED CHIPS)..... ;)

I'm looking forward to the driving computer catching right up...Nanton to Edmonton is 350 Kms and I used just over a 1/4 just under a 1/3...gonna do the math on the next trip.

Does anyone know if the liters used output on the Truck's driving computer is accurate?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i'm looking forward to the driving computer catching right up...nanton to edmonton is 350 kms and i used just over a 1/4 just under a 1/3...gonna do the math on the next trip.

Does anyone know if the liters used output on the truck's driving computer is accurate?

guestimate computer........ Not very accurate........

hogster008

Reaction score
I have a 2002 cummins and installed the edge juice with attitude. I found that the best mileage came from 5x5 while driving like a sane person. I was getting over 20 MPG when doing the math. I could pull a two place with a sled in the box from e town to Revy on a tank doing 120 down highway 2 and 110 elsewhere. well worth the money if you ask me

smokindiesel

Reaction score
the edge can through your millage indicator out as the juiced is a moduale that plugs into the computer harness and alters signals to get the desired performance. Try running your juice on higher settings and you'll likely see better millage, most trucks do, but not all. Last summer when i had a bigger turbo and big injectors and stacked chips on my 01 dodge i got 27 miles per gallon with everything cranked doing 120 or more on the highway.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
the edge can through your millage indicator out as the juiced is a moduale that plugs into the computer harness and alters signals to get the desired performance. Try running your juice on higher settings and you'll likely see better millage, most trucks do, but not all. Last summer when i had a bigger turbo and big injectors and stacked chips on my 01 dodge i got 27 miles per gallon with everything cranked doing 120 or more on the highway.

I'm going to do a reality check...verify number of liters in vs. what it thinks it's burning and actual mpg / L/100km on my next trip. Glad to hear everyone who has responded is realizing the same saving as I am.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The L/100km in the trucks computer is calibrated using US Gallons. For accuracy do the math at the pump and i gaurantee you will be getting better mpg than what the computer is saying.
15L/100km in the truck will give you 15.77 MPG when you convert from imp to metric
15L/100km doing the math will give you 18.94 using imperial gallons

US gallon = 3.785L
Imp gallon = 4.546L

Coxy

Reaction score
When calculating milage US gallons is the standard. You can make it look better by convering it via a canuck gallon, but its just lying to your self when you start comparing to the majority of the continent. And hand calculating it is of course the only accurate way, the "feel good meter" are almost always on the optimistic side. I do get much better milage when i have a hot tune in then i would on the more mild tunes.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never got why anyone would use a canadian gallon with the US distance. I have the edge juice on my dodge, haven't noticed much of a difference really in mileage. I don't even try to calculate it most of the time just because if a lot of idiling etc, but I can see about 750km/120L in the city, and about 800km/110L on the highway at 125km or so. When I was stock I could see over 800 in the city easy, and over 900 on the highway or so. But the 38's and 8" lift don't help the mileage to much.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My liters / km is usually accurate within 2-3% when I drive normally ( like an old man) but it isn't as good if I'm on the throttle a lot.

I agree about using USmpg to compare. It's still the standard in N. America. My Dad told me that for a while the pumps showed the cdn gallon before we went to liters, so that could be why people use them sometimes.

Rammit07

Reaction score
I've had this chip in my last two vehicles & love it, very reliable & have been getting 700-800 km per tank thats empty running at 125km/hr

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the 90L tank with this set up? If so what type of range are you getting?
I have a 2008 D-max with 33's and only can manage about 550km a tank on the hiway. I have intake, DPF back exhaust, and a hyperteck programer.

Would the edge be an improment? Maybe a DPF delete? I do alot of hiway driving so am looking for milage.

Thnx in advance.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
'06 GMC 2500HD Dmax, Edge Juice w/ Attitude, PPE airbox mod, EGR blocked, fingerstick.

My mileage did improve slightly after the mods. Enough to notice, but not a lot. I run the Edge on level 3 on the advice of a GM dealer in the US that sold a pile of Edge units. He told me that they found the best mileage gains on lvl 3 and no one had any tranny trouble. Any higher and guys started having issues. In the summer, driving 120km/h, I'm getting an HONEST 18 mpg (US) with no wind. Winter diesel knocks the crap out of that though. I'm finding I'm down at least 4 mpg now. Another thing I've noticed, is I get better mileage with diesel bought in the US. I've heard the same thing from others.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never got why anyone would use a canadian gallon with the US distance. I have the edge juice on my dodge, haven't noticed much of a difference really in mileage. I don't even try to calculate it most of the time just because if a lot of idiling etc, but I can see about 750km/120L in the city, and about 800km/110L on the highway at 125km or so. When I was stock I could see over 800 in the city easy, and over 900 on the highway or so. But the 38's and 8" lift don't help the mileage to much.

is there a difference between the us and canadian distance.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
question...

i obviously didn't buy my truck to save on fuel milage, but has anybody tried one of these chips on a '05 2500HD 8.1L (gas truck)?? (or a 8.1L of any other year?) i'm wondering if it would even make much of a difference. i've already got a cold air intake and exhaust work done...

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there a difference between the us and canadian distance.

Why would you mix two different systems to get miles per gallon? It's either miles per US gallon, or liters per 100km.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
miles per gallon means more to the older generation than litres / km whatever that is. also all roads are laid out in miles not km. should have stayed with mpg not this pinko metric BS.

Top Bottom