EBC Brakes

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the axle bearings/seals and the brakes, was rather surprised with how much the EBC pads were and, was told they ONLY carry EBC pads. As I have read from other threads/forums it seems that most places do this now, I do know that the OEM style pads have very short life....it begs the question. :confused:

How far have you gone on your EBC pads VS. stock? List machine details as well please!:d

I'll start it off (my old kitty kat) 98 AC 454 4x4 never used anything BUT OEM, not sure there was anything BUT OEM back then...could be wrong! Usually went til it was metal on metal...changed them 4X in 4300kms.:eek:

05 hondaman

Reaction score
I have an 05 honda 500 with 3200km's and still on original breaks, but it is a standard.:beer::beer:

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
07 700 Grizzly 1000km stock front, 1500km EBC and still more then half left. Just changed the rear stock ones. Ride lots of mud and water.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
07 500 outlander maxs 3700km still stock pads lots still left .

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i go through breaks like crazy.

the only ones that can last me more than 1/2 a season are the ebc heavy duty

esp the single rear break on the 660 that sucker wears like crazy.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock pads on my 07 800 lasted ONE weekend...less than 150 miles....metal to metal. Replaced with SBS severe duty pads and am still on them...about 50% left. My ol Lady's 08 400 killed the stock pads in about 200 miles. Replaced with EBC and still fine. (we ride 90% mud...very bad on brakes)

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put sbs on the brute ... Only time will tell! Sorry I'm no help

Sbs. Are the only pads I run on my dirt bikes and quads have over 4000km on the front brakes on the wifes outlander 400 and still 50 % pad left (Stock lasted 400km)

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put them on today, bled the brakes too, and they seem better...mind you I was running metal to metal....hahhaa:d I took note of my mileage sooooo we shall see!! I try to stay away from the mud (go around on the chicken trails) :rolleyes:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And WHY did you buy a quad? pick up chicks maybe on the chicken trail?? :eek:

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And WHY did you buy a quad? pick up chicks maybe on the chicken trail?? :eek:

hahaha...I go through some, but my machine is old and needs a little more work tie rods are next. Back 11 years ago I hit as much mud as possible...quad was green and clean when the gang would leave and I ALWAYS had the dirtiest machine upon return to load!!:d

Guess my priorities changed....sorry:( LMAO

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not such a good thing to go metal to metal, but sometimes it can't be helped! The OEM pad was the worst of them all but none of them had any compound left...:eek:

I wasn't sure if the EBC pads were going to fit, quite a bit more compound than I remember of the OEM. Had to use a small brass hammer to gently tap them into place. Once in there was lots of play, slid onto rotor with no problems!

Attachments

• EBC brakes.jpg
    EBC brakes.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 53
  • OEMbrake.jpg
    OEMbrake.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 50
Top Bottom