Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2016/17

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great time Sherm and Bill, Dozer in the trees as usual but he must know that particular tree by now...LOL

I'm just waiting for my next trip out, sitting in SK.

Talk soon boys....

P.S. whats with the tequila bottle sherm?????

Yes, Billy likes them trees and tree wells, its either him or BN so I think they have a competition going! It's the only way I can stop others from drinking my good tequila, immerse it into a hostile environment!! Hah! Saved some for you buddy, see ya when you get here!

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only problem with a day like today is that you want all of them to be the same, they ain't, but it was awesome today! Big Nasty, Billdozer and myself took Blue Lk Rd. this time, unloading at 10km, road is a super hwy to say the least. Then throw in it was +3 when we unloaded and a freshly groomed trail, it couldn't get better! Did I mention the ton of snow up top? Maybe not, we put warning signs for others to not sled there, they wouldn't like it!
We beat up the upper meadows first, not a track, snow over the bumper in most spots and to the headlights through some of the tree areas. We then did a number on those "fingers" that stretch from the lower meadow's to the top, they were phenomenal! Judging by the snow here in town one wouldn't have guessed there was that big of a dump up top but there was. We stopped for a hot lunch in the lower meadows after doing a number on them, my pot had a beauty mixture of perogies, sauerkraut and Farmers sausage! Wow, what a meal! We then continued East and again, no tracks in many of the areas we ripped up, great day. Then, just for a hoot (and no, not that kind!) we figured we'd try just below the cabin, hell, no one had torn any of that up and the snow was piled up deep deep! After a day of steady deep snow we called it a day, heading through Cummings Lk area and checked out the clear cuts, pretty sweet! BN's fuel light came on just when we got back to the trucks, what does that tell you!!

Attachments

• 170119a.jpg
    170119a.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 295
  • 170119b.jpg
    170119b.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 291
  • 170119c.jpg
    170119c.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 290
  • 170119d.jpg
    170119d.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 304
  • 170119e.jpg
    170119e.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 304
  • 170119f.jpg
    170119f.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 306

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only problem with a day like today is that you want all of them to be the same, they ain't, but it was awesome today! Big Nasty, Billdozer and myself took Blue Lk Rd. this time, unloading at 10km, road is a super hwy to say the least. Then throw in it was +3 when we unloaded and a freshly groomed trail, it couldn't get better! Did I mention the ton of snow up top? Maybe not, we put warning signs for others to not sled there, they wouldn't like it!
We beat up the upper meadows first, not a track, snow over the bumper in most spots and to the headlights through some of the tree areas. We then did a number on those "fingers" that stretch from the lower meadow's to the top, they were phenomenal! Judging by the snow here in town one wouldn't have guessed there was that big of a dump up top but there was. We stopped for a hot lunch in the lower meadows after doing a number on them, my pot had a beauty mixture of perogies, sauerkraut and Farmers sausage! Wow, what a meal! We then continued East and again, no tracks in many of the areas we ripped up, great day. Then, just for a hoot (and no, not that kind!) we figured we'd try just below the cabin, hell, no one had torn any of that up and the snow was piled up deep deep! After a day of steady deep snow we called it a day, heading through Cummings Lk area and checked out the clear cuts, pretty sweet! BN's fuel light came on just when we got back to the trucks, what does that tell you!!

Any idea if the big creek between the bottom of the finger meadows and the logging road has filled in? A month ago took the fingers down to the cut block at the entrance to the old trail and nasty doesn't come close to describing it. Plus it was dark lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love the pic of the skidoo pulling the poo! We should have called today "where's Bill"? Everytime we turned around he was gone, catch a glimpse of his orange helmet and gone again! Spent half the day looking for him, probably why the fuel light came on! Lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dammm u guys are making it hard to just sit here and not ride 👎😂

sent while drinking tea's

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was through the short cut up to meadows before Blue lake cabin last weekend - creeks were filled in ! There is a tree that has fallen across trail that may give some problems if the snow level increases - was able to go under it !

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep up or get lost lol
Love the pic of the skidoo pulling the poo! We should have called today "where's Bill"? Everytime we turned around he was gone, catch a glimpse of his orange helmet and gone again! Spent half the day looking for him, probably why the fuel light came on! Lol

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I hit it !
Was through the short cut up to meadows before Blue lake cabin last weekend - creeks were filled in ! There is a tree that has fallen across trail that may give some problems if the snow level increases - was able to go under it !

SaskieWK

Reaction score
Looks like another beauty blue bird day for you guys, and it's awesome to see billdozer helping someone else out......Don't know big nasty yet but I'm sure we'll meet soon enough and talk about how we are always grabbing billy's skis for a tug...!!!!!Sherm, I don't see any discriminating pics of you this day? Anyone got pics of Sherm in his barrel roll?

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is Eagle pass being logged this year OR are you staging from the bottom main parking lot ??( big enclosed trailer ) Whats the now like on the lower trail ?

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like another beauty blue bird day for you guys, and it's awesome to see billdozer helping someone else out......Don't know big nasty yet but I'm sure we'll meet soon enough and talk about how we are always grabbing billy's skis for a tug...!!!!!Sherm, I don't see any discriminating pics of you this day? Anyone got pics of Sherm in his barrel roll?

I'm too busy looking after the other two to get stuck, its a full time job, which will be yours when your back!! Staging at Eagles is from the bottom, haven't had a chance to do the "back door" trail yet this year but I have no doubt it's pristine! Check out the local sled site for most of the info...........

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is Eagle pass being logged this year OR are you staging from the bottom main parking lot ??( big enclosed trailer ) Whats the now like on the lower trail ?
No logging at eagles this year

Should be from bottom lot yes, new road into lot so watch signs

Sled sicamous website will tell ya all the lots info

sent while drinking tea's

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made it into Blue today - ventured up through short cut - played in few of the lower meadows - maybe 10inches of fresh - deeper in trees - then headed through lower meadows - some areas tracked up but - just have to get off beaten path to find untouched - headex to far back southwest corner to find a bit of untouched - then headed back to cabin and had lunch - proceded back out to lower meadows anddown out shortcut - seen Billys tree - getting harder to go under ! Got onto main trail - hit few cuts blocks and meadows on way back - trail was great !

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bills Iphone 342.jpg ssherm.jpg Glass Houses you two :kickass:
I'm too busy looking after the other two to get stuck, its a full time job, which will be yours when your back!! Staging at Eagles is from the bottom, haven't had a chance to do the "back door" trail yet this year but I have no doubt it's pristine! Check out the local sled site for most of the info...........

Top Bottom