Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sherm: "Hmmm, I sure am tired of having to break trail all the time for those Poo guys!!!! And, the phone/camera's they use are the sh*&s, at least I take nice pictures!!"

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sherm: "Hmmm, I sure am tired of having to break trail all the time for those Poo guys!!!! And, the phone/camera's they use are the sh*&s, at least I take nice pictures!!"
U sound like Howard breaking trail all the time on a non boosted Nitro lmao

My phone cam is awsome and takes great pics

They must have I phones with crap cams and too cold to take pics

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Non boosted breaking trail? Had one of those, maybe break things on the trail! Now my boosted Nytro, that broke allot of things! Ya, most seem to use those Crapple phones, I'm a Samsung guy myself, won the Global TV photo contest! Maybe they should mate the two together, they could call it a Sam-Ple !

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up owls in morning ! hopefully all the new snow over night has covered has covered up all the large divots the sherm crew created ! lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Non boosted breaking trail? Had one of those, maybe break things on the trail! Now my boosted Nytro, that broke allot of things! Ya, most seem to use those Crapple phones, I'm a Samsung guy myself, won the Global TV photo contest! Maybe they should mate the two together, they could call it a Sam-Ple !
I have a Sony, and agree 100% on the Nitro
Heading up owls in morning ! hopefully all the new snow over night has covered has covered up all the large divots the sherm crew created ! lol
Bayview mark was up at bluelake yesterday, said it was real good

Said drifts on trail going in bumper deep and drifts coming back out

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talked to revbyu and fog plus rain impacted the trail was not positive for today

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode owls today - trail from bottom was pretty decent in morning ! - but unfortunately rained to about km 12 km ! Rode few meadows off main trail - snow was pretty heavy ! Fairly warm and snow was sticky ! Didnt get off beaten path to far as I had some new riders with me ! Did get over to owls cabin for lunch and ventured out with a few other riders toward Ecco ! ( did leave the newbies at cabin ) Snow was DEEP in some areas and some areas wind blown! Played in the trees due to lack of visibility ! Managed to witness a few stucks ! The more I ride the T3 174 - it Just chews - amazing sled for me ! Snow on trail still pretty good until 2 k - then the trail has deteriorated alot due to the rain to today

Attachments

• 20160122_103736.jpg
    20160122_103736.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 333
  • 20160122_125636.jpg
    20160122_125636.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 326

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice job on the trail Groomer Guys, it was pristine all the way into Blue! Billdozer, SledDawg and myself completed our mission of making it to Brown Pants, but had fun all the way up, a real nice dump of fresh snow! "Someone" did a real nice job of tracking up pretty much every meadow and trail (turbo guys you know!) on the way in to Blue, but once we got to the other side of Blue Lk, not a track, and the snow was piled higher than the sleds, as you will see courtesy of Billdozer catching me in a weaker moment! We built a new trail to get up to 200HP hill and had a blast doing it, found some new areas and tons of untracked snow. The "line of the day" came from SledDawg, driving his Polaris, when I told him the hill we were going to try and go up. He said, "I can't see the line, are you sure?". Hell, I thought that was in all the Polaris commercials, "I can see the line", no? Anyways, Mr. Orange saw the line and drew it for the boys and we were up and over. We did make it to the precipice just before BP but opted not to drop down, to much avy action all over and it didn't look like the big hill had slid yet, and it does, every year.
Anyways, we made our way back down the trail and found more snow than we could handle, lots of stucks, lots of fun, great day boys, but we left some big areas without a sled track on them, next time out!!

Attachments

• 160123a.jpg
    160123a.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 272
  • 160123b.jpg
    160123b.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 291

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with a buddy that is a dedicated search and rescue volunteer for the north Okanagan and shuswap area and they had a successful rescue finding some cold and wet sledders that were missing for well over a day and a half. Hats off to these people who give there time in a crisis situation.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with a buddy that is a dedicated search and rescue volunteer for the north Okanagan and shuswap area and they had a successful rescue finding some cold and wet sledders that were missing for well over a day and a half. Hats off to these people who give there time in a crisis situation.

Which mountain range was that on!

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone riding owls tomorrow ! Debating early up and half day ride !

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Day on the "Big Orange Magical Mystery Tour" Lot's of fresh deep snow never been stuck so many times but what a great day with the other 2 retiree's, Looking forward to the next adventure, rumour has it Saskie and Biggie may join us this week :cool:

Sherm1.jpg Sherm2.jpg Shermq.jpg

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your much to kind BillDozer, 3 pictures of little ol' me, wow, brings a very small tear to my eye! I'm send you a bill for the chiropractic and physiotherapy I now have to take after yesterday's excursion! I think in future we need to bring some young blood (that'll be YOU Big Nasty!) along to get us old farts machines outta our holes! It was a great day though, wasn't it! Orange Sherm

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Eagles today and yesterday for day 22 & 23. Snow was dry blower pow pow, visibility was great yesterday, and today not so much. Trail in was like glass, excellent job grooming. Stuck to the burn yesterday and low angle terrain. Great day. Snowpack was pretty stable, no signs of avalanche activity. Didn't leave to many areas untracked and burnt a ton of fuel. The new cats are working so good

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Eagles today and yesterday for day 22 & 23. Snow was dry blower pow pow, visibility was great yesterday, and today not so much. Trail in was like glass, excellent job grooming. Stuck to the burn yesterday and low angle terrain. Great day. Snowpack was pretty stable, no signs of avalanche activity. Didn't leave to many areas untracked and burnt a ton of fuel. The new cats are working so good

Looms like an an epic few days!

Top Bottom