Eagle Valley/Sicamous Conditions 2121-2022

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:Snowmobile1: Time to get the reports going this year. For those that have been up Queest how far up did you have to drive to unload? :Snowmobile1:

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This Update is from the Sled Sicamous Facebook page:

SLED Sicamous

4a1t fpa529nf7r0hd0ir27 ·

UPDATE ON GROOMING...We're happy to see snow finally today, but there's just not enough base until it sticks. We're moving the CAT's starting on Monday and crossing all of our fingers and toes to begin mid to late week... this past Thursday our recon. mission to Blue Lake and Owlhead found gravel to 9km, Queest is logging until 14km and Eagle Pass has 6" of snow at 4km and likely not more than 6" for 18km at least. As soon as we're rocking and rolling we'll be posting grooming reports and depths! Also - until we can get up to Owlhead with some equipment we're waiting on the webcam is going to remain intermittent/down. Because of this we would really appreciate anyone out and about to share their depth checks on our page to help keep our community here in the know!!! Thanks for all your snow dances, it'll pay off soon!

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's too bad they don't update the Sled Sicamous website, its still from 2020, not everyone is into all the social media stuff like Facebook........
This Update is from the Sled Sicamous Facebook page:

SLED Sicamous

4a1t fpa529nf7r0hd0ir27 ·

UPDATE ON GROOMING...We're happy to see snow finally today, but there's just not enough base until it sticks. We're moving the CAT's starting on Monday and crossing all of our fingers and toes to begin mid to late week... this past Thursday our recon. mission to Blue Lake and Owlhead found gravel to 9km, Queest is logging until 14km and Eagle Pass has 6" of snow at 4km and likely not more than 6" for 18km at least. As soon as we're rocking and rolling we'll be posting grooming reports and depths! Also - until we can get up to Owlhead with some equipment we're waiting on the webcam is going to remain intermittent/down. Because of this we would really appreciate anyone out and about to share their depth checks on our page to help keep our community here in the know!!! Thanks for all your snow dances, it'll pay off soon!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It's too bad they don't update the Sled Sicamous website, its still from 2020, not everyone is into all the social media stuff like Facebook........
I sent her an email explaining that there are people out there that don't do FB and she could make the FB page "public" and everybody could use it to see the information available. Obviously, she didn't think it was a good idea or she hasn't had time.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sent her an email explaining that there are people out there that don't do FB and she could make the FB page "public" and everybody could use it to see the information available. Obviously, she didn't think it was a good idea or she hasn't had time.
I get not wanting her FB public but they went to the expense of getting a decent website done up so just get it up-to-date! When I was looking after it would only take a few minutes once your caught up on it, I know there's allot of other stuff going on but I think they've had ample time considering we've had no snow..

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She is too busy but gets paid plenty. Misplaced priorities lol. Two paid employees doing the job one did before and can't manage it.

She also failed to mention they are logging on Owlhead so that road will be plowed.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I get not wanting her FB public but they went to the expense of getting a decent website done up so just get it up-to-date! When I was looking after it would only take a few minutes once your caught up on it, I know there's allot of other stuff going on but I think they've had ample time considering we've had no snow..
Please explain to me why having a non-profit organization and not going public with the FB page isn't a good thing. Other clubs do it and it works.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She is too busy but gets paid plenty. Misplaced priorities lol. Two paid employees doing the job one did before and can't manage it.

She also failed to mention they are logging on Owlhead so that road will be plowed.
Is she the same one fighting the rail trail and claiming they are building light commuter rail from Siccy to Armstrong? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be maybe? That is quite a stretch eh.

She did say no one allowed up there until grooming begins but I heard sleds on Owlhead FSR on Saturday.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be maybe? That is quite a stretch eh.

She did say no one allowed up there until grooming begins but I heard sleds on Owlhead FSR on Saturday.
It would take 100s of millions $ to build rail from a town of 2000 with 150 jobs to a town of 5000 with 800 jobs. Yup dumbest ch!t I read all month.

Top Bottom