Eagle Valley/Sicamous Conditions 2121-2022

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please explain to me why having a non-profit organization and not going public with the FB page isn't a good thing. Other clubs do it and it works.
Not saying it wouldn't be a good thing but if not why not at least keep the website up-to-date, I think that's the place most folks go first when doing a search..

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not saying it wouldn't be a good thing but if not why not at least keep the website up-to-date, I think that's the place most folks go first when doing a search..
She did update the site with the new SS logo so was in there and could have updated other information. One can only guess what is important to this pair they hired to replace Gord but I don't think they know much about sledding. Once they get their food truck set up in Owlhead parking lot people can ask them.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm thinking there is a lot more traffic on FB than the interweb. I remember the Fernie club saying there FB page was quite a bit more busy than the web site. That is a public site and updated quite regularly.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She did update the site with the new SS logo so was in there and could have updated other information. One can only guess what is important to this pair they hired to replace Gord but I don't think they know much about sledding. Once they get their food truck set up in Owlhead parking lot people can ask them.
Footlongs with mustard, jalapeños and saurkraut!!!!!!!!!👊

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little crusty Bert??

I can tell you , there both good hard working people, from being part of the club

Gord helped them last year , and set them by themselves this year , as he has a life and job

They are trying to do different stuff to keep the club going , seeing as there is not much advertising, no club auction ect that helps fund the show

But , to post about where her personal life ideas and thoughts, like the bull chit railing we are all taking from this plandemic , that's bull chit on you

I WILL let her know to check in on here , so she can defend herself if she chooses too

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and don't forget the ummmteen hours spent trying to get and keep the 4 trails open to use , from logging and bc government

But that's only minutes right ??

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what's the snow like?
It is snowing now. You have to drive up the FSR's a ways to ride and it is early typical early season hazard awareness. Lot's of riders out though and is improving daily.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like its high time get the mudder's on and the 4 place out.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sent her an email explaining that there are people out there that don't do FB and she could make the FB page "public" and everybody could use it to see the information available. Obviously, she didn't think it was a good idea or she hasn't had time.
You will be happy they have updated the website and looks like they will be updating riding area grooming information on the website.

flatspeed

Reaction score
Rode blue yesterday, trailers were parking at the bottom, some trucks parked at 2k, a couple at 6k where the cat was parked. Snow the whole way but 6k and below was pretty thin with alot of rocks and gravel. Ridge top is wind hammered, tree riding was excellent. 1-2 feet over the crust, alot of holes and some open creeks still, but pretty good coverage for this time of year!

Attachments

• 20211211_105454-01.jpeg
    20211211_105454-01.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 219

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still logging Owlhead side but if you are available:

URGENT! VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!
If your are around the Sicamous area today (Dec 13 )and tomorrow we need your help. We are ready to start punching a trail up Eagles Pass but there are fallen trees in the path. We are looking for volunteers that can help come cut wood and clear the path!
If your someone that can help and has a chainsaw( not all will need a chainsaw) and Snowmobile please call Stu at 250-803-6737
Your help will be recognized with a Promo Pass.
Please contact Stu for questions .
May be an image of 1 person and nature

13 Comments
6 Shares

Comment

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any conditions updates? Thinking about heading that way later this week

Update on Grooming
December 14, 2021

Blue Lake

Off to a good start...

We're up and running at Blue Lake as of this past weekend, and enjoying good conditions in the alpine despite the low accumulations of snow at lower elevations. Please be cautious out there, and pay particular attention to avalanche and weather conditions as you head out.

Eagle Pass

Grooming update and word of caution...

Thank you to all of our volunteers yesterday and today who helped us get the trail cleared, and the CAT punched through at Eagle Pass this afternoon!!! The trail is groomed up until the gas drop (28km), and we will begin operations tomorrow. We look forward to welcoming our riders back for what we hope is another excellent season.

This said we want to share a word of CAUTION: At 10.5km there is a water bar (for lack of a better term) that is liable to ruin a good day with a broken A-arm or the likes; so please slow down! It's early season snow conditions out there, so be aware of potential hazards on and off the trail. 90 cm base today with substantial fresh, and more snow in the forecast.

Queest and Owlhead

still waiting on snow...

Lack of precipitation at Owlhead, and logging changes at Queest are delaying the start of operations at these locations this year. Please note that the motor vehicle closure is still in effect at Owlhead, and there is no entry via this route until we begin grooming operations. Violators can be ticketed if caught.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update on Grooming
December 14, 2021

Blue Lake

Off to a good start...

We're up and running at Blue Lake as of this past weekend, and enjoying good conditions in the alpine despite the low accumulations of snow at lower elevations. Please be cautious out there, and pay particular attention to avalanche and weather conditions as you head out.

Eagle Pass

Grooming update and word of caution...

Thank you to all of our volunteers yesterday and today who helped us get the trail cleared, and the CAT punched through at Eagle Pass this afternoon!!! The trail is groomed up until the gas drop (28km), and we will begin operations tomorrow. We look forward to welcoming our riders back for what we hope is another excellent season.

This said we want to share a word of CAUTION: At 10.5km there is a water bar (for lack of a better term) that is liable to ruin a good day with a broken A-arm or the likes; so please slow down! It's early season snow conditions out there, so be aware of potential hazards on and off the trail. 90 cm base today with substantial fresh, and more snow in the forecast.

Queest and Owlhead

still waiting on snow...

Lack of precipitation at Owlhead, and logging changes at Queest are delaying the start of operations at these locations this year. Please note that the motor vehicle closure is still in effect at Owlhead, and there is no entry via this route until we begin grooming operations. Violators can be ticketed if caught.
What is a water bar? A creek?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s where they ditch the water across the road instead of a culvert. Usually on de-activated roads. Sometimes they are barely a few inches and sometimes I’ve seen them 5’ deep
Thanks. Never heard the term before.

Top Bottom