Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

powder dreams

Reaction score
could anyone confirm that the lake once you go up over skinny and down the hill is morton lake? Im trying to figure a way to somewhere i wanna get to but having a hard time finding reference points on google maps.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could anyone confirm that the lake once you go up over skinny and down the hill is morton lake? Im trying to figure a way to somewhere i wanna get to but having a hard time finding reference points on google maps.
Yes that's Morton lake, below mara look out

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed up to Blue with Big Nasty this AM, trail just groomed, BUT ONLY TO THE OWL'S TURNOFF UNCLE GORDY! It was a tad beat up from Owl's to Blue and with near zero vis from the fog and light snowfall it made for a pretty bumpy ride! My intention was to take BN to the "far side" of the hill but weather and lack of snow, maybe 4" fresh, made the going pretty bad for the most part. The most entertaining part was when BN tried to follow my little 2.5" track up a hill and he met up with Mr. Tree! Had to be one of the most awkward "stucks" I've had for a while and even BN said it's been his best! It was one of those days when you find a piece of untracked snow and are in the middle of a nice sidehilling event when all of a sudden your wrist gets jammed from running into a concrete rut just 6" under the snow! No, not me, BN again, he had a thing with tree's today. In all fairness, I did require his assistance one time, when I was attempting a Billdozer Barrel Roll on a steep side hill my ski got stuck on a tree, but quick work with a saw fixed that!

Good to sled with you again BN, great day considering the crappy conditions, we'll do it again when we get the next big dump!! We left from the bottom but I see a couple guys drove up to 2km.. There is dirt coming through the snow now all the way up to 5km and it's getting pretty messy as the bottom, we need more snow!

Attachments

• BigNasty160107a.jpg
    BigNasty160107a.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 248
  • BigNasty160107b.jpg
    BigNasty160107b.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 261

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, been spoiled riding good snow all year need a little more pratice with those hard ruts! I was probably looking down at my stupid parking brake light beeping and flashing because of the cheap switch not working! That's my excuse, and that was one nasty tree well, it didn't want to give back my sled! Still better then Sitting on the couch ��

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, been spoiled riding good snow all year need a little more pratice with those hard ruts! I was probably looking down at my stupid parking brake light beeping and flashing because of the cheap switch not working! That's my excuse, and that was one nasty tree well, it didn't want to give back my sled! Still better then Sitting on the couch ��

I'm thinking your sled is attracted to wood, that's all, kinda like the big splinter you ricocheted off of down in the meadows! I wonder if the 3" track isn't quite as forgiving as the 2.5" when your hitting ruts/hardpacked snow. Whatever, we had a great day up there anyways!

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we made it just past skinny ridge and the Polairs we just fixed the driveshaft and drive belt plate on had the motor crater again. Only 40 miles on the new motor. image.jpg Apparently the 174 T3 can really throw the snow when she's dragging a sled out. Lol

Big shout out to Mark, not only did he try to show us the area but helped us toss the dead sled into his truck (no way we were getting that thing on my deck) and dropped it off at my house.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smart reason I'm upgrading to a t3

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we made it just past skinny ridge and the Polairs we just fixed the driveshaft and drive belt plate on had the motor crater again. Only 40 miles on the new motor. View attachment 193189 Apparently the 174 T3 can really throw the snow when she's dragging a sled out. Lol

Big shout out to Mark, not only did he try to show us the area but helped us toss the dead sled into his truck (no way we were getting that thing on my deck) and dropped it off at my house.
it was really great meeting you fellows.....thanks for breakfast.......let me know how you make out with the pro I will keep an eye out for what you need sweet sled not many people drop to the right of skinny and climb out like that.... very impressive.... best of luck

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we made it just past skinny ridge and the Polairs we just fixed the driveshaft and drive belt plate on had the motor crater again. Only 40 miles on the new motor. View attachment 193189 Apparently the 174 T3 can really throw the snow when she's dragging a sled out. Lol

also I would really like to get together in the summer and see that rzr 1000 . I have been all around queest ,owls hunters and blue lake to some extent ...... maybe we can bring the human GpS ala tex78 and do a great loop except for the last turn that had us going the exact opposite direction the trucks were at lol

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also I would really like to get together in the summer and see that rzr 1000 . I have been all around queest ,owls hunters and blue lake to some extent ...... maybe we can bring the human GpS ala tex78 and do a great loop except for the last turn that had us going the exact opposite direction the trucks were at lol
Hopefully Tex gets his GPS calibrated. It was a little out of wack last time out lol.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not out wack, 4 different ways to get in and out, no tracks to follow

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not out wack, 4 different ways to get in and out, no tracks to follow

I like Tex's idea of "secret spots".

It's only a secret spot when he has tracks to follow into it.

Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom