Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pissing rain all the way from the pass to revy. On the peak of the pass it was snowing some.

6 hours we sat on the pass tonigh, yeehawwww

Last edited:

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That year old lunch must be where you got the name Big Nasty:rolleyes:
Don't forget my lunch I found in my backpack from last yr, it was chicken I think but couldn't tell with the green slim around it. Lol. Those warms temps are starting to play havoc with the trail from km 9 down, won't last long if those temps stay.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from queest with Scott. Staged from the bottom was not to bad some people drove up a couple. It snowed lightly all day with about 6inchs on a crest of ice we played a bit did a little drop threw the trees picked a neat line and hit the trail and then headed back and followed Scott s line into a drainage could see some Manuel labour happen but figured I could do it but the ice caused me to to the same thing (a little Manuel labor) which is OK for a old fart like myself anyhow. We met some nice dudes from Vernon and did some tree riding for the rest of the day. Dark when we came down and the last 2km had deteriorated. On benefit over wendsday was that the rain started lower. (4km)We were going to stage at Mara heights than Swansea point but access was not good. All in all it was a good day at quest.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to blue lake, was pretty snowy and cloudy, couldn't see much, snow was a hard crust with a couple inches over it. Left blues and went to owls, vis was a bit better, hit the trees and the snow has settled pretty stiff. Was snowing decently all day and harder towards the end of the day.

Looks like it rained right to the top with wind, lots of trees broke off and bent over.

Is is it any better at Eagles or anywhere else around here?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trees down where there last weekend, last big storm

Well crap, hope it didn't rain to the top

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, snow is really settled and hard in most places except some pockets of trees.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, ride up in the morning was an inch or two of fresh up to the 2.5km. ride down was not good.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have any thoughts on how we (local or snowmobile communtity) educate sledders on not going down into areas that they cannot climb out of. This seems to be happening a lot in this area and maybe others.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who got lost this time?
Group of guys, went down north below Morton lake again
anyone have any thoughts on how we (local or snowmobile communtity) educate sledders on not going down into areas that they cannot climb out of. This seems to be happening a lot in this area and maybe others.
Well signs don't mean nothing, cause they will still go past, just like caribou closures

After our group from the sled club and sars got there and Vernon sars allready picked them up

Few of us went and had a peek, road as far as we knew to go

And walked the rest, no idea what these guys were thinking, deep dark place to drop into

Just about didn't make it back up lol, knees were some sore

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, unless the guys went back to get them out or git Rene or surge to get them out today

I really don't think u could ride the lower three out

The t3 they got up some of the way, if u packed a goat trail it may go, but only one shot at it I bet

Top Bottom