Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up with Warren 's buds from Saskatchewan sleds ranging from an 07 dragon 155 to a 2016 t3 163 with a couple of tss boosted doos thrown in as well.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope the weather turns around near Xmas and drops 3 or 4 feet of fluffy stuff. Would be nice to try and get Jeff's buffalo stuck. Been a looong time since I had a deep pow bluebird day.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went up today as a late arrival tex will know why met up with billydozer, warren and the crew from sask great time as usual bill feel free to post some pics if anyone is looking to ride tommorrow I can hook you up but is a rest day for me. have fun

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went up today as a late arrival tex will know why met up with billydozer, warren and the crew from sask great time as usual bill feel free to post some pics if anyone is looking to ride tommorrow I can hook you up but is a rest day for me. have fun
saw a 10 kitty getting pulled from the east side of the blue lake cabin to the trail. We went riding then came back fired up the kitty and I believe it went home on its own. Crazy Saskatchewan dudes lol

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Can you still park at 2.5km? How was snow and trail? 2 of us heading into blue lake tomorrow. Thanks.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you still park at 2.5km? How was snow and trail? 2 of us heading into blue lake tomorrow. Thanks.
people were parking at 2.5km no issues I drove up to 7 with my half ton and sled in box but the sled could have easily made it from 2.5km have fun there is alot of new snow up top

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, Billdozer and I were doing a duo trip up to Blue today but met up with Jason and Wade outta Kelowna and they asked if they could tag along, newbies to the hill! They hadn't sled with either of us before so that was their first mistake! I want to congratulate the groomer for the great job on the trail up to the Owl's turnoff, but what happened to the Blue trail, holy crap, she's hooped! We thought it was bad going in, it was 10 times worse going out. I know Unc Gord's gonna read this and I know they're on it, good job men!

With hopes of clear skies sometime during our ride, our hopes were dashed and we wound up with ice fog and just plain fog with zero vis many times. That didn't stop us from "showing" our guests around though, and just below the cabin we found some deep snow, as the ever keen rider Billdozer displayed in one of the pictures! I actually ran out of memory on the camera with Billdozer and his "rollovers" and other antics, I'm thinking of renaming him "Barrel Roll" for the nifty way he can roll his sled onto its side, anywhere! OK, from below the cabin we passed the dope smokers at the cabin, they got theirs later. We did the lower meadows, bad vis but tons of snow in some spots, then headed to Cumming's where Jason had a hole issue with his T3, but it did eventually tractor out, quite amazing. We then hit one of the new logging roads on the bottom side of Cumming's and thanks to Billdozer there is a pic of a orange sled, which appears stuck, but in actuality I was merely marking the area where a creek was for the other guys, that's just what I do. We buzzed around that area for a bit and then headed downhill where we ran into the dopers who had buried just about all their sleds in the creek beds around 19km. Bill and I were actually stupid enough to go and help the guys out but when we saw 4 young bucks standing on top of the bank peering down at us breaking our backs, we got the one sled up and then headed out, lazy ****s!

How many words am I allowed for these posts???? Anyways, considering the zero vis most of the day, we had a blast, great to meet you two, give us a shout anytime to go out again, really enjoyed your company! Unloaded at 5km......

Attachments

• 151214a.jpg
    151214a.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 370
  • 151214b.jpg
    151214b.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 354
  • 151214c.jpg
    151214c.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 361
  • 151214e.jpg
    151214e.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 355

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome recap of the day Sherm! Only part you missed was the fact I was parked in the ditch to let you guys get by me, only way I can describe getting stuck a mere 10 ft from the trail, or maybe could use the excuse of iced up googles from the brutal ice fog today. Thanks for showing us around and you can guarantee I'll be back to watch "barrel roll" in action again. Great snow, bad vis, and good company, how can you go wrong? Till next time.

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, Billdozer and I were doing a duo trip up to Blue today but met up with Jason and Wade outta Kelowna and they asked if they could tag along, newbies to the hill! They hadn't sled with either of us before so that was their first mistake! I want to congratulate the groomer for the great job on the trail up to the Owl's turnoff, but what happened to the Blue trail, holy crap, she's hooped! We thought it was bad going in, it was 10 times worse going out. I know Unc Gord's gonna read this and I know they're on it, good job men!

With hopes of clear skies sometime during our ride, our hopes were dashed and we wound up with ice fog and just plain fog with zero vis many times. That didn't stop us from "showing" our guests around though, and just below the cabin we found some deep snow, as the ever keen rider Billdozer displayed in one of the pictures! I actually ran out of memory on the camera with Billdozer and his "rollovers" and other antics, I'm thinking of renaming him "Barrel Roll" for the nifty way he can roll his sled onto its side, anywhere! OK, from below the cabin we passed the dope smokers at the cabin, they got theirs later. We did the lower meadows, bad vis but tons of snow in some spots, then headed to Cumming's where Jason had a hole issue with his T3, but it did eventually tractor out, quite amazing. We then hit one of the new logging roads on the bottom side of Cumming's and thanks to Billdozer there is a pic of a orange sled, which appears stuck, but in actuality I was merely marking the area where a creek was for the other guys, that's just what I do. We buzzed around that area for a bit and then headed downhill where we ran into the dopers who had buried just about all their sleds in the creek beds around 19km. Bill and I were actually stupid enough to go and help the guys out but when we saw 4 young bucks standing on top of the bank peering down at us breaking our backs, we got the one sled up and then headed out, lazy ****s!

How many words am I allowed for these posts???? Anyways, considering the zero vis most of the day, we had a blast, great to meet you two, give us a shout anytime to go out again, really enjoyed your company! Unloaded at 5km......
As hard as it is to admit pretty accurate account of the day :cool:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome recap of the day Sherm! Only part you missed was the fact I was parked in the ditch to let you guys get by me, only way I can describe getting stuck a mere 10 ft from the trail, or maybe could use the excuse of iced up googles from the brutal ice fog today. Thanks for showing us around and you can guarantee I'll be back to watch "barrel roll" in action again. Great snow, bad vis, and good company, how can you go wrong? Till next time.
U got the stuck closest to the trail award eh

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big Nasty, I didn't want to slam everyone, so I thought I'd leave you out, this time, but you did do a nice job of it, almost as good as the other one in the tree's! Send me your cell...........Sherm

Reaction score
Thanks for being our tour guides! It was a lot of fun. Appreciated the local hospitality. It seems like those big holes really liked my sled. Better visibility would have help me avoid some of them. At least Wade didn't get any video of me going over the bars when I stopped dead in that deep hole.

hardcorex

Reaction score
What is the status of unloading at owls head or blue lake ? Is it up the trail or at bottom?

Top Bottom