Eagle Valley (Sicamous) Updates 2014/15

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not good to hear Sherm! In was hoping to come out and sled with you soon but things sure have to change! Sold my Cat after riding a T3 for 3 days!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was good, sun was out, good 1.5 to 2 feet of fresh wet stuff

No tracks all day till we came back to main area... Then pounded to crap

But I'm sure this rain has taken more of a toll

The water fall behind my house is raging, normal not till March - april

Not good

Tree holes are humongous

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pic of yesterday

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423513275063.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423513275063.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 413

335i

Reaction score
Hey you guys riding on friday? I'm going to eagle on Thursday with some buddies but friday i'll be alone. I know you guys like owl's and blue so i'm good with that. Please let me know

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets tell the truth now. You go somewhere mon-fri where they pay you to show up and occasionally fix something!:cool:
Oh and u work I guess..... Baaaaaaaaaaaa

U work on reading ur eye lids

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys how much gravel are people riding from parking lot in owls? just wondering as i am bringing the family up for the weekend..

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spoke to the "trail guy" yesterday, Owl's parking has no snow but does have a built in car wash! He said that the road up to 2km is to icy for trucks/trailers but didn't say that trucks only couldn't go up, I'm thinking a set of chains on just a truck would get you to 2 km. I don't know about Queest other than the guy said they're having a helluva time with the loggers on that hill, they are still bringing equipment out....Sherm

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You wont get a truck to 2k. We drove truck to second corner and had snow from there.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya don't think u would get a truck up to two km either, not yet anyways

At the meeting, Gord said queest road up had big ruts ect from the equipment.... This year sucks with mother nature and logging

I still have yet to ride queest

335i

Reaction score
Was at eagle the last 2 days. Was great yesterday, but it was pissing rain all morning. Even at the very top. Slides all over the places. Not great riding at all. Creeks busted open the trail up in a couple spot. I can't imagine what owls and blue lake must be like since it's lower. Feels like end of April up there. Better get cool and more snow.....

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Staging Area Update:

I spoke with the Grooming Manager tonight and got the following info:

Owlhead: Parking Lot is bare and not much coverage up to 1.75k. They have cleared off the snow down to ice the remainder of the way to the 2.25k parking area which is plowed. Trailers won't get up there, however, trucks with decks may travel up to 2.25k if they have chains (The annual ladies ride is on Saturday so vehicles may not be allowed up to 2.25k till after the ladies ride is on its way - check with the collector)

Queest: Road bare up to the 6.5k lot - pickups only (no trailers). Some bare patches to 8k then good after that.

Eagle Pass: Leaving from the bottom lot. Watch for open water runs.

Blue Lake: The blue lake road is open after logging all winter. I drove up the road Wednesday and it was bare to about 17.5k. You should be able to unload by about 18k on any wide spot. Remember not to block the road where you park. Do not take trailers up. There will be a collector at the bottom to give instructions.

check out the latest conditions at www.sledsicamous.com

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just came down off Owlhead. Rode is bare dry to just past 2k and lowed to the 2.25 lot. No one needed chains today to drive to the lot. Groomer told me he is going to blade more off on his way down tonight. They better let open place trailers up there tomorrow. Riding isnt great. Kinda like late April.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just came down off Owlhead. Rode is bare dry to just past 2k and lowed to the 2.25 lot. No one needed chains today to drive to the lot. Groomer told me he is going to blade more off on his way down tonight. They better let open place trailers up there tomorrow. Riding isnt great. Kinda like late April.

OH MY ! Last weekend was border line for trail ! All this rain ! Yikes - will b a very short season !

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow reading all this I made the right choice to go to Hawaii the next 2 weeks !

Top Bottom