Eagle Valley / Sicamous Conditions 2020-2021

Rn4

Reaction score
Heading up tomorrow night. What’s the best area to ride Thursday looking like? Hunters range, blue lake or eagles pass? Thanks

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spent a few days with my kids up there Further east and higher we went the better the snow. Eagles and North Quest are higher

Attachments

• bobbar.jpg
    bobbar.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 456

Rn4

Reaction score
Good to know thanks! Looks like another storm is rolling in tomorrow too

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like 3 riders are missing at Eagles Pass. SAR's is out looking, but from the comments, they are trying to locate the truck first. Original post was around 8am MST and last comment at 9:30am MST was they still have not been located. I do not have any further information other than what's been posted on the NRABC FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10158002022087966&set=gm.3490848681020754

Saw this on the 'Never Ride Alone British Columbia' Facebook page.
[FONT=&quot]FB Post: "Good morning everyone... i have 3 buddy that did not make it back fronlm sledding yesterday.they went to eagle pass... search and rescue is already called... they from kelowna. I wonder if any of u could tell me if their truck is at the parking lot at eagle pass. The trucknis a black dodge ram cummins 2003 with a sled deck. It be very apreaciated. Thanks in advance. Call or text me at 250 863 8516 if any info. 1 arctic cat alpha black and purple. 1 arctic cat 2016 153 black green and blue. 1 arctic cat 2016 163 black and white"

[/FONT]

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just seen an comment on the post NRABC FB. "Just got confirmation, there up owls and truck is there".
I am guessing they have not been located yet.
The commenter goes on to say "Come on guys, side note if you say your going to a certain hill, stay your plan, if it changes, then let people know. Had to send people up all the hills looking for the truck. There's lots of places to ride, that are not part of the sled club."

Looks like 3 riders are missing at Eagles Pass. SAR's is out looking, but from the comments, they are trying to locate the truck first. Original post was around 8am MST and last comment at 9:30am MST was they still have not been located. I do not have any further information other than what's been posted on the NRABC FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10158002022087966&set=gm.3490848681020754

Saw this on the 'Never Ride Alone British Columbia' Facebook page.
FB Post: "Good morning everyone... i have 3 buddy that did not make it back fronlm sledding yesterday.they went to eagle pass... search and rescue is already called... they from kelowna. I wonder if any of u could tell me if their truck is at the parking lot at eagle pass. The trucknis a black dodge ram cummins 2003 with a sled deck. It be very apreaciated. Thanks in advance. Call or text me at 250 863 8516 if any info. 1 arctic cat alpha black and purple. 1 arctic cat 2016 153 black green and blue. 1 arctic cat 2016 163 black and white"

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rene and myself found a few that dropped down from skinny’s ridge a few years back, walked to cabin, snow was deep and they could not get there sleds back up.. hope the same

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some good news. They have been found according to the FB page. I messaged the original poster and he has confirmed they have been found and are ok, but doesn't have much more information. He said they ended up down a drainage and couldn't get out.

Hope they are found

Last edited:

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So did Eagles see much snow this weekend? Did Revy? Sunshine this week with some rain this weekend and trying to decide one more trip for the year.

Rn4

Reaction score
So did Eagles see much snow this weekend? Did Revy? Sunshine this week with some rain this weekend and trying to decide one more trip for the year.

was pouring rain in the valley from revy to Canmore Sunday morning. Definitely got hammered up top. Don’t think sicamous got it but eagles might have. Just did a 3 day trip and had fresh tracks every day. Lots of snow to be found yet

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was pouring rain in the valley from revy to Canmore Sunday morning. Definitely got hammered up top. Don’t think sicamous got it but eagles might have. Just did a 3 day trip and had fresh tracks every day. Lots of snow to be found yet

The question is did the wind wreak havoc with it?

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might have some more info on what happened at Owls. Boys will be home in a few minutes and I’ve been chatting with their close friend. I’ll pass along what I find out if they are willing to share.

Last edited:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took a ride over Owlhead to GS cabin for lunch today. Sad how much the snow changed last few days. Very warm and heavy. Not fun stuff but a bluebird day.

Parked at 7k Getting muddy up there. Fellows we chatted with on windy ridge said they staged at 14k on Hunters side.

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took a ride over Owlhead to GS cabin for lunch today. Sad how much the snow changed last few days. Very warm and heavy. Not fun stuff but a bluebird day.

Parked at 7k Getting muddy up there. Fellows we chatted with on windy ridge said they staged at 14k on Hunters side.

I thought of heading up King fisher yesterday and head to GS, glad i didn't.
Revy was a better option, snow was ok, weather was awesome.

IMG_0324R.jpg

Last edited:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought of heading up King fisher yesterday and head to GS, glad i didn't.
Revy was a better option, snow was ok, weather was awesome.

very much sun baked even up at 2500 M. Good day for us rookies to learn the way between areas though.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very much sun baked even up at 2500 M. Good day for us rookies to learn the way between areas though.

Here another of yesterday.
By 1pm or so avy conditions were getting sketchy, you needed to be mindful of where and what you were doing.

IMG_0326R.jpg

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty much done riding those zones, getting a little late in the season. Heading to the Renshaw for Sunday IF the weather co-operates otherwise will be riding the Pemberton Icefields the next few weeks.
But next season if your wanting to get familiar with the crossing and a few honey holes in that zone your talking about. PM me, i know that area very well been riding it for years. There are multiple ways to get an awesome ride in that area without retracking.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty much done riding those zones, getting a little late in the season. Heading to the Renshaw for Sunday IF the weather co-operates otherwise will be riding the Pemberton Icefields the next few weeks.
But next season if your wanting to get familiar with the crossing and a few honey holes in that zone your talking about. PM me, i know that area very well been riding it for years. There are multiple ways to get an awesome ride in that area without retracking.

That would be good. Hunters map shows a connection across to Laforge but haven't gone looking yet. My son dragged me over from Morton to GS cabin cause it was bluebird and last time I tried it was a whiteout and we turned around cause I err on cautious side.

Top Bottom