Bourne Glacier

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do people still ride on Bourne Glacier? Apparently there is a 20m wide trail going through the caribou closure to the top. Supposedly the area is managed by eagle valley club.
Found this on Snowest from 2014:
d7d5e2a0bfe50ba4bc3a8ed2ee9682e0.jpg

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a seasonal closure is it not?(jan1 to April 15) (On a stretch of the road)
Doesn't seem to stop people from going in mid season though.

Last edited:

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s open. But it’s got an enforced single file trail. Crazy Long and far ride in. Requires a guide or an experienced group. Tons of exposure to huge slide paths. Basically it’s the last area that yahoos need to get into.
Sounds like you have been up there...
Got any pics?
Are non-yahoos ok going there?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s open. But it’s got an enforced single file trail. Crazy Long and far ride in. Requires a guide or an experienced group. Tons of exposure to huge slide paths. Basically it’s the last area that yahoos need to get into.

just take the ferry next time

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few years ago, I remember someone from Cranbrook giving me the gears about mentioning some of the out of the way spots around Fernie.............has the world changed since then or is someone feeling a little more generous?
It's a hidden gem

But really spring time rode, snow permitting

Buddy's Tryed three weekends in a row for years, and have the wall of skegless Racing skis to prove it

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a hidden gem

But really spring time rode, snow permitting

Buddy's Tryed three weekends in a row for years, and have the wall of skegless Racing skis to prove it

One yr we did 25km of gravel with the odd puddle. Nytro worn to the spindles Lol.

I was in there first weekend of October this year on side-by-side. It’s a huge day even in a razor

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few years ago, I remember someone from Cranbrook giving me the gears about mentioning some of the out of the way spots around Fernie.............has the world changed since then or is someone feeling a little more generous?

I could care less about riding areas around Fernie. likely questioning your legal guiding tenure at the time..

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One yr we did 25km of gravel with the odd puddle. Nytro worn to the spindles Lol.

I was in there first weekend of October this year on side-by-side. It’s a huge day even in a razor
I've been down to the bridge and valley bottom, 50 some km in my jeep

Looking for a buddy's cabin, which I missed the turn lol

Top Bottom