Dynotech Test of 850

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok but it's still only 35 hp isn't it ??man I must behind times or really bad At math .... All possible I guess ��

Actually at elevations where the sleds are run a 70hp difference would be about right - no loss on the turbo to natuarally aspired motor.
It's kinda the new math.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're comparing the best of what doodoo could come up with vs. the 2017 leader. :)
Wow! U are dreaming in technicolor! But hey some are as loyal to blue as some are to yellow. I've owned a few Yamaha products in the past. Just never their sleds. U know what would have been really exciting from Yamaha? A completely new mountain 800ish cc DI 2 stroke 100 % designed and produced by them. Something that could actually take market share away from the other three manufactures. If nothing else, you'll always have hope for something truely cool down the road again.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hp to weight ratio..... That's where it's at... That's the fair comparison, and that's the new math ;)
So who's good at this new math .... Lmao

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even if yamahas power to weight ratio is better if doesn't mean it's a good all around mountain sled that's easy to ride lol

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! U are dreaming in technicolor! But hey some are as loyal to blue as some are to yellow. I've owned a few Yamaha products in the past. Just never their sleds. U know what would have been really exciting from Yamaha? A completely new mountain 800ish cc DI 2 stroke 100 % designed and produced by them. Something that could actually take market share away from the other three manufactures. If nothing else, you'll always have hope for something truely cool down the road again.
maybe for 2018 they could partner up with all three of the other sled manufacturers to come up with something competitive in the mountain segment. that would be a game changer!

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So much misinformation in this thread, I don't think some of these guys have a clue how a dyno works.

The dyno is using STP/STD correction factor in this pull. This will automatically correct for the air conditions in the room at the time of the dyno.

STP/STD is not even the standard anymore, that is from 1990, the new standard for correction is SAE 2004, which reads lower so no one likes to use it because they like their hero numbers high.

So no, this motor wont do any better in a room with better air, unless of course, you're comparing uncorrected numbers.

If this is the same place that did the original dyno on the 800r etec at 163.9hp STP/STD, than the new 850 etec is only 6.3hp STP/STD more powerful, assuming this was done on the same track machine, with a stock release engine out of break in.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The prototypes are running differant mapping no secret at all.

163hp from a 2010.5 to 170hp on a 2016.5 on the same dyno humm.

The production sleds will have differant mapping in them.
Don't forget about the letter to snocheck customers in 2014 advising them that their t3 sleds are going to get heavier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com

Don't forget about the letter to snocheck customers in 2014 advising them that their t3 sleds are going to get heavier.

They did not get heavier, in fact they were lighter than advertised. Sorry the sled won't be toned down, it does not work that way. Changes happen, for sure, but the answers are the answers, it is a person choice to believe them or not.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Its getting harder and harder to have a hot ECU on limited builds now with the requirement of EPA approval of any calibration changes. I'm not sure if protos are exempt from that but they may be. In canada we might not have that issue but South of the line they do

gsteve

Reaction score
there can be porting revisions, pipe changes etc.....they all do it....just like the yamaha putting out over 200hp, it will be turned down also
sure it will.... cuz every manufacturer wants to sued for false claims. I call bs

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure it will.... cuz every manufacturer wants to sued for false claims. I call bs

this little statement at the bottom of every manufacturers spec sheet give them the ability do whatever they want

©2016 Bombardier Recreational Products Inc., (BRP). All rights reserved. ™,® and the BRP logo are trademarks of BRP or its affiliates. Products are distributed in the USA by BRP US Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Because of our ongoing commitment to product quality and innovation, BRP reserves the right at anytime to discontinue or change specifications, price, design, features, models or equipment without incurring any obligation. Printed in Canada

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
I will answer the question to this and the answer is the answer, bRP does not tune down the sled, its funny when I told the head engineer this, he laughed. Again guys can dream up anything and say it and guys will take it as true, look at the rumours before the release, funny some actually think the rumours are true and get disappointed, Same with track as guys who had never seen the track think it is like 2007-09, its not. Funny stuff in here.

Top Bottom