Dynotech Test of 850

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theirs a reason almost no one rides a 4 stoke in the mountains and alot of the guys that actually do eather suck or just want to climb nothing technical

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Haha, i think you need to come to Revelstoke and i hope you have your big girl panties on. If you can hang with this guy on the picture all day, i'll buy you dinner. I thinking you'll poop out half way through the day, BTW, usually when i ride i tune into the style of rider's i'm with. In your case i won't, you either keep up or LOL die trying.
Expect everything mountain riding has to offer, technical to monster chutes, in deep and steep.
I suspect you'll jam out
I've posted this before....if you see this dude you found me.
IMG_0473.jpg

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 strokes can climb I'll give yiu that no many 2 strokes can hang on the big climbs still couldn't give me one no madder how many mods

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing I found out mike, Carl has been riding a 850 prototype for 3 years secretly, I'm pretty sure it's tested and tuned lol

Having said that I'm not a first year new product kind if guy so we will see what's up with them

Every single person I know that has rode one, that rides every brand, had said it's just awsome to ride, best of all world's

Actually Jeff, the RT was also tested for couple of years before release. In fact i was riding the prototype in late 03 and 04 when i was tied to the BRP team. The production model's were nothing like the prototype.
The proto were lighter and had more power, in fact i saw dyno results produced by this twin at 214hp. But they couldn't keep the crank together, they eventually had to reprogram the ecu and settle for 170hp and still had crank issues. They were hoping to resolve the issue and every new year model after up its power and up sell older models with upgrade programs. It didn't work and the whole RT program was a major failure that cost BRP huge money.
I spent alot of hours in Revy with several other's testing the RT, even thought of this sled as a new level in mountain sleds, even bought one.
It was one of the worst sled i've ever owned, pretty much had to redo alot of things to make it capable. Like i said, nothing like a prototype.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 strokes can climb I'll give yiu that no many 2 strokes can hang on the big climbs still couldn't give me one no madder how many mods

Who said anything about climbing, ok a couple but in reality mountain riding isn't strictly climbing. I mean technical, 40-45deg inclines, drops and uphill turns etc.

tsiciliano

Reaction score
Just curious. I seen the new 850 is running siamese cylinders? Anyone able to confirm? If so hope they got the cooling figured out not that they squeak a poston due to heat between the bores.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My favorite is when you see these guys on the 850s as they go by and you wave or nod, like fellow sledders do, and they just stare at you like robots and wont wave back. Maybe its the Quebec plates? Maybe they're just too cool for us mortals? Sure are nice when they need to borrow your ramp though. Pfffffft

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My favorite is when you see these guys on the 850s as they go by and you wave or nod, like fellow sledders do, and they just stare at you like robots and wont wave back. Maybe its the Quebec plates? Maybe they're just too cool for us mortals? Sure are nice when they need to borrow your ramp though. Pfffffft

Im thinkin they were azzhats before the 850.
Kinda like the beer drinkin smokin cabin dwellers, machine don't matter.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im thinkin they were azzhats before the 850.
Kinda like the beer drinkin smokin cabin dwellers, machine don't matter.

You're probably right about them being snotty to start with. As far as the cabin dwellers go, theres lots of people who go up there for the first time and find safety in using them as a homebase. I have rode with lots this season with folks who are inexperienced and green, but they're out to have fun and see the sights and pay trail fees same as you. As far as beer goes, theres lots of high end, long time, responsible riders packing a few sociables, and more than a few that dont bring em and are more than happy to drink yours. Not everybody can be an awesome rider, but I hope all can have a good time.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're probably right about them being snotty to start with. As far as the cabin dwellers go, theres lots of people who go up there for the first time and find safety in using them as a homebase. I have rode with lots this season with folks who are inexperienced and green, but they're out to have fun and see the sights and pay trail fees same as you. As far as beer goes, theres lots of high end, long time, responsible riders packing a few sociables, and more than a few that dont bring em and are more than happy to drink yours. Not everybody can be an awesome rider, but I hope all can have a good time.

Absolutely and I use the cabins also, I was referring to the ones with a cigarette in one hand and beer (to many more in the backpack) in the other while at the cabin with a shinny sled an a bad attitude. You can find a few every busy weekend.

There are lots of fine peps at the cabin enjoying the day. Always home base for me when out with the family.
We just happen to be a non alcohol crowd on the hill, 98% f the time. :)

Top Bottom