Dumbest thing ever in an RV

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
So we bought a used Raptor Toyhauler last fall, great unit. Last weekend while out camping there was a short but nasty thunderstorm so we sat inside and turned on the t.v and stereo system to watch Wild Hogs movie to wait the storm out. After it was done our friends asked why we had the outside speakers on. Did not realize they were on. Turns out you can not turn off the outside speakers, only the inside speakers. This seems backwards to me. If we were the type to camp in a real campground where you have neighbours 5 feet away and you want to watch a movie via the stereo or just to listen to music INSIDE your unit you would not be able to because there is no way to turn off the outside speakers.

Anybody else have this in their unit.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our Raptor has A or B or AB to change the sound to inside or outside.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ours has 4. Up stairs , down , out and sub.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could take the switch out and swap the out puts so your inside stays on and you can turn the outside on or off, or put in a 3 way switch to have in or out or both.

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk 2

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Must be just our unit, hubby will fix it, noproblem, just thought it was weird.Thanks

I personally would agree that it is weird! However, as it has already been said, it's an easy fix :)

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some are set up that way. You need to use the fade in/out to turn them off.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Raptor trailer has a switch on the panel to turn off the outside speakers. My biggest PO about the trailer is when we got a hail storm the kids went in to watch a movie and it turns out the supposable cd/dvd/am/fm/mp3 player aint got no dvd on it. so no way of watching a movie. Talked to the dealer says that trailer no come with that stereo, showed him brochure say that is included, his sales rep says some came with and some didn't. So now still waiting to hear back.

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My raptor has a switch for the outside speakers and the sub inside the cargo compartment beside the inverter and amp that you access from outside by the front door, and the switch to turn on/off the inside speakers is inside by the CD/DVD player. Might want to check in there.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
My raptor has a switch for the outside speakers and the sub inside the cargo compartment beside the inverter and amp that you access from outside by the front door, and the switch to turn on/off the inside speakers is inside by the CD/DVD player. Might want to check in there.

Thx, will have to check that out. The switch inside is for the inside speakers only right by the player.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com

We must have the same Raptor. I found the switch for the outside speakers and turned them to off. Thanks a bunch .

Top Bottom