Driveshaft Twisted Off

hartscottidj

Reaction score
Wondering what the difference is in 7 tooth and 8 tooth drivers. Had redone my driver shaft recently with 2.86 drivers coming from 3.00 due to a track change. Took a skidoo trip and twisted it all off 3 days in. Got chain case damaged on inside side as well. Also wondering if I need to change the gears any due to the change. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
66655802620__BC611A45-F643-4BA1-A3FB-8DB43D423096.jpg

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont really have any input besides, hf that looks gnarly man. I’ve never seen a driveshaft twisted off like that.

I do have stock drivers off my 20khaos 800 (came with 155 2.6 iirc), pm me if you need them

greenmtnboys

Reaction score
Did not let off the throttle before you hit the ground when jumping would be my guess. Something has to give

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could you have possibly smeared the shaft while pressing it out of the drivers when it passed through the press bed? I am just wondering if there could have been a previous imperfection that caused the catastrophic failure.

Typically the hydro formed shafts are tough as hell. If there was no sudden shock load then the only thing I can think of would be damage to the shaft prior to your 3 day trip.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that is the strong steel one too. I have seen this on the aluminum lightweight design. You should be able to use one from an older sled like the IQ chassis too so they are easy to find.

Top Bottom