Don't Buy XP Tunnel Foot Steps

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought id toss this up here in case anyone was thinking of buying some.

I don't ever recall stepping far enough back to use them, they usually made snow buildup right in front of them and then turn into ice making it hard to clean the boards and some times slip off when standing far enough back.

While working a little on the sled today i noticed one was pretty much broke off from the tunnel and the other one was not far behind... must of happened last ride out.

Money better spent else where :)

Attachments

• P1000877.jpg
    P1000877.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 157
  • P1000878.jpg
    P1000878.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 158

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
upper left of pic are mine after i took them off. hard to see but they are trashed....along with link rods, drop brackets, and rear suspension arm.

Tee20Roys20Trash.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see !!!!!

all that lightweight chit on the xps will brake eventually :) :)

can't wait to hear you whine with the new kiity parts coming out. maybe we should get a little cheese for ya now.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, makes me feel a little better...I can on steel, but be darned if I can get the spool gun to make a decent weld...practice I guess...just dont use it enough...

Clean Clean Clean. That is the trick to welding aluminum. Get rid of the oxidation that it has with a brass brush or something right before you weld it and you won't believe the difference it makes!

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive ridden a few sleds with those things on them and NOT a fan! My latest fav foothold when on the steep stuff is my fuel caddys handle! :d:d

Top Bottom