Dominator Motor Fist helmet and Drift camera.....

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need your help guys.

I mounted my Drift onto the Dominator and looks good...... However when I take a clip almost 50% of the screen is visor. Any ideas around this??

IMG-20121029-00077_zps1f5116c1.jpg

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mount mine on the side...about where the pretty MF decal is. Less likely to hit it on a low hanging tree branch too....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2.

Side of mine too.

Easy to teather it also.

sent from my htc

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mount mine on the side...about where the pretty MF decal is. Less likely to hit it on a low hanging tree branch too....
I mount mine on the dash of my sled so it just pokes over the windshield, got tired of the vertigo inducing helmetcam footage. besides, they just look ridiculous mounted on top of a helmet, especially the go pros.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stuck it on already :( Guess this mount is pooched..... Or I'll use this mount with camera backwards when Katie is following me, might be cool.

It cant go back any farther. Its right up against the Kali logo hump. Zooming might help.

How does the goggle strap mount work? OK?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stuck it on already :( Guess this mount is pooched..... Or I'll use this mount with camera backwards when Katie is following me, might be cool.

It cant go back any farther. Its right up against the Kali logo hump. Zooming might help.

The goggle strap sucks...don't waste the effort. Well...unless you like your goggles piano-string tight....

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the mount shoots too far down while pointed forward, my guess it you will have a good look at the sky when it's pointed back. A heat gun should take the mount off, but you will likely need to get another one to correct the positioning.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone posted a little while ago showing how they mounted their Drift under the visor. I thought it was a great idea. You can see if it's still there and not likely to get knocked off.
You could try a heat gun or hair dryer to pull the mount off and move it. Drift also has a new chest mount.
I don't trust the goggle strap mount.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone posted a little while ago showing how they mounted their Drift under the visor. I thought it was a great idea. You can see if it's still there and not likely to get knocked off.
You could try a heat gun or hair dryer to pull the mount off and move it. Drift also has a new chest mount.
I don't trust the goggle strap mount.

I totally forgot about that thread.

I reefed on the mount and was able to pull it off and it stayed intact. I'm impressed the visor didn't break. Cleaned the underside of the visor with alcohol and stuck in on. Wicked place for it. I can have the visor in full down or all the way up position. You can just notice it there but not bad at all. At least I can keep an eye on it there.

I have many mounts and will be using a variety of them, hoping to get some cool footage this year.

IMG-20121029-00078_zps66ac74ea.jpg

IMG-20121029-00080_zpse4bf55e9.jpg

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice part is to, you can remove the camera and you don't even notice the mount....

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The goggle strap sucks...don't waste the effort. Well...unless you like your goggles piano-string tight....

Ever had it fall off? I trust these are the adhesive mounts, or are they Velcro?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever had it fall off? I trust these are the adhesive mounts, or are they Velcro?
The adhesive "tires" after a while and will come off. I just gave up on my ol quad helmet and duct taped the mount on there...it is very sporty looking. Hahaha. On my sled helmet I peeled the two-way tape off the mount and glued it to the helmet with windshield urathane.

Edit: to answer...yes. I've lost cameras in the mud, the snow, the trees....always found them though (twice on the sled running board). There's a GPS out at Southfork that was never recovered though.....

Tex uses a fishing leader as a safety harness on his cam...its a good idea.

Last edited:

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The adhesive "tires" after a while and will come off. I just gave up on my ol quad helmet and duct taped the mount on there...it is very sporty looking. Hahaha. On my sled helmet I peeled the two-way tape off the mount and glued it to the helmet with windshield urathane.

Edit: to answer...yes. I've lost cameras in the mud, the snow, the trees....always found them though (twice on the sled running board). There's a GPS out at Southfork that was never recovered though.....

Tex uses a fishing leader as a safety harness on his cam...its a good idea.

Thanks... I've heard of some that fall off, and adhesives with large swings in temp aren't good for longevity. It's a pretty large price to pay.

Thanks for the tip on the adhesive.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not fish leader line.

It's weed eater line then shrink rubed and melted together.

I've had my cam hanging there many times.

And I have it safetyed 2 ways. One on the mount it self and one on the cam. That way I don't loose the mount or cam.

A quick latch on the side visor bolt ( longer bolt ) its not going no where.

sent from my htc

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is what I did. Used a 40lbs fishing leader with a split ring on the visor bolt side.

IMG-20121029-00086_zps9be9c26f.jpg

IMG-20121029-00083_zpsec1a24c3.jpg

IMG-20121029-00084_zps9deba93b.jpg

IMG-20121029-00083_zps89b2dff7.jpg

IMG-20121029-00085_zps5d53e2f7.jpg

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Brent I think I have some extra mounts here! I'll take a look when we're done unpacking and see what I have!
I stick mine to the side of my helmet, and this year I'm going to get more creative with the Mounts on my sled. Should be an interesting season!

Top Bottom