Does anyone know why???

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was just going to go out riding with the boys, do a little bit of climbing, a little bit of tree bashing, and just out for a good time in genral, with a machine I knew was not going to give me any grief, I would have kept my turbo nytro.

If I wanted to do all that, but have something a little bit lighter... I would have kept riding my Rev, or XP.

If I was going to be an all out shoot slayer with the 'big wheels', an apex would be in trailer.

I chose a Pro RMk though, because it is out of the box, off the show room floor, the lightest, most rigid chassis on the market. It allows people with limited experience to go places they can't on other machines. It allows the more experienced to the do the same. All while using less effort then any other machine.

Could that RMK grenade while going down the trail... absolutely. But to think that a doo, or any other is exempt from any failure is ignorant.

Also, the Polaris dealers near me are great... better then most.

And... the price was right.

you used to be cool when you were on a boosted nytro, but now?

The polaris dealer near you is so close to the Michigan mothership, I heard they throw parts at you guys from out the factory window!

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh Geezuz! Here we go again..... Go buy the book at any Chapters store. Then comment please.:rolleyes:
Why don't explain cause I'm sick of hearing about govt bailout wasn't the rec side of the business bull chit all the same company I will never own a doo or drive a chev/gmc any other business you fawk up you go broke not hold ur hand out for hard working tax payers $

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why don't explain cause I'm sick of hearing about govt bailout wasn't the rec side of the business bull chit all the same company I will never own a doo or drive a chev/gmc any other business you fawk up you go broke not hold ur hand out for hard working tax payers $
The interest free loans were dedicated to the aero division because of unfair government subsidies given by other governments to aircraft companies in there countrys around the world. Apparently this is common practice as this type of industry is very competitive because of the limited amount of customers out there that can afford to buy large airplanes in mass. Bombardier (not BRP which is a different company) has paid back all there loans in full. Yes they were interest free. FYI farmers in Canada can receive interest free loans as well on there crop or crop intentions every year. You may want to start boycotting, all grain products, beer, pork, beef, chicken and everything else agricultural related while you are at it. I was not a fan of interest free loans to large corporations such as GM, Chrysler and Bombardier either but from what I understand they all have paid back there loans or bailouts to date. The reality is you can see Bombardier planes go away and subsidize all those lost jobs and fly in planes built somewhere else or you can allow your government to play the game every one else does. There is a book on this. I read it and would give it to you if I could remember who I loaned it to. But that is another deal. Lol.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The interest free loans were dedicated to the aero division because of unfair government subsidies given by other governments to aircraft companies in there countrys around the world. Apparently this is common practice as this type of industry is very competitive because of the limited amount of customers out there that can afford to buy large airplanes in mass. Bombardier (not BRP which is a different company) has paid back all there loans in full. Yes they were interest free. FYI farmers in Canada can receive interest free loans as well on there crop or crop intentions every year. You may want to start boycotting, all grain products, beer, pork, beef, chicken and everything else agricultural related while you are at it. I was not a fan of interest free loans to large corporations such as GM, Chrysler and Bombardier either but from what I understand they all have paid back there loans or bailouts to date. The reality is you can see Bombardier planes go away and subsidize all those lost jobs and fly in planes built somewhere else or you can allow your government to play the game every one else does. There is a book on this. I read it and would give it to you if I could remember who I loaned it to. But that is another deal. Lol.

Good deflection..... point fingers at the farmer....lol

Remember...without Farmers...you starve....big difference from Bombardier

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey I have big shoulders. I am a farmer and I take advantage of the loan every year. Lol.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I have big shoulders. I am a farmer and I take advantage of the loan every year. Lol.

If you farm, where are you getting tax payer dollars? Any low interest or finance offers on farm inputs are usually from private companies....not heard of too many gov. bailouts in the farm industry for a long time...so how does this compare?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

this always makes me laugh. where were the farmers when pioneers settled? that's right, they were the farmers and grew their own. then someone realized if they grew a whole bunch extra, they could sell it. we're not that far off from doing it again. don't make like the world will end without big farming

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I asked and u delivered thank you the Coles notes, I like farmers as I make my living dealing with them on a daily basis, you are talking an individual or family farm not a huge corporation

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this always makes me laugh. where were the farmers when pioneers settled? that's right, they were the farmers and grew their own. then someone realized if they grew a whole bunch extra, they could sell it. we're not that far off from doing it again. don't make like the world will end without big farming

Seriously?? You think the world population would survive without farmers??

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you farm, where are you getting tax payer dollars? Any low interest or finance offers on farm inputs are usually from private companies....not heard of too many gov. bailouts in the farm industry for a long time...so how does this compare?
The loan used to be implemented through the CWB. It is now run through the CCGA. There are still bailouts so to speak. Matching funds from Agrilinvest and payouts from Agristability if you qualify. They are forms of insurance if your income takes a hit in a particular year.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously?? You think the world population would survive without farmers??
you didn't say the world population would starve, you said Ken would starve. I call BS...I think he and many others would do just fine. that's why the subsidies and loans are required, to be able to sell in the world markets. so you are wrong, and I am right.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The loan used to be implemented through the CWB. It is now run through the CCGA. There are still bailouts so to speak. Matching funds from Agrilinvest and payouts from Agristability if you qualify. They are forms of insurance if your income takes a hit in a particular year.

Still not a direct govt bailout....but again...good deflection.......by taking the focus off of the comment made on the millions of taxpayer dollars that was funnelled into Bombardier. Yes, we all know it wasn't used for BRP. But it sure helped make Bombardier a very powerful industry giant.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still not a direct govt bailout....but again...good deflection.......by taking the focus off of the comment made on the millions of taxpayer dollars that was funnelled into Bombardier. Yes, we all know it wasn't used for BRP. But it sure helped make Bombardier a very powerful industry giant.
I don't have a flying fricken idea what agenda you have about my shielding Bombardier from the naysayers. I'm just stating documented facts that anyone, including you can gather on your own. Yes it helped Bombardier. Why not help them instead of making Boeing or some other aircraft builder across the pond the only players in the game. Get over your hate for anything French and realize we have a company in Quebec that builds some of the best aircraft in the world and proudly displays the Canadian flag on all of there product. Go ride your Cat Yankee lover.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have a flying fricken idea what agenda you have about my shielding Bombardier from the naysayers. I'm just stating documented facts that anyone, including you can gather on your own. Yes it helped Bombardier. Why not help them instead of making Boeing or some other aircraft builder across the pond the only players in the game. Get over your hate for anything French and realize we have a company in Quebec that builds some of the best aircraft in the world and proudly displays the Canadian flag on all of there product. Go ride your Cat Yankee lover.

LOLOL.....no agenda
Chill out man....You sure got your knickers in a knot over protecting your beloved BRP.....frikken hilarious

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yankee lover!!....lol

Far from it. I am a proud Canadian but , like many Canadians, still recall the "favours" that our beloved Bombardier company have received over the years by our Eastern controlled federal government while we in the west got....very little. Do you remember Paul Martin? Do you remember Jean Chretien? Do you remember anything they and others over the years did to support Western Canada?......me neither.

Today, we are proud of this Canadian company, Bombardier.....we better be!
We have to be "proud" of our Quebec/Canadian gem because over the years we (taxpayers) have invested an estimated 6.7 BILLION into this company. "Corporate welfare" to the max!!
And over the years, many western based companies, including farmers were ignored while Bombardier received taxpayer dollars.

Your claim to be a farmer. I'm sure you remember back in 2002 when BSE practically destroyed the cattle industry? Thousands of farmer and beef related businesses were begging for support. The feds came to the table with 190 million for the beef industry while giving Bombardier 1.2 Billion...fair?? Maybe you might think so, but not me.....

So, sorry SnoPro for not feeling the love that you do towards Bombardier. While, I'm happy that a Canadian company is doing well today, I wonder how many other people/companies have suffered over the last few decades because the majority of funding headed to Eastern Canada (Ontario / Quebec)
How many cattle farmers have gone out of business and how many are still suffering today while the fatcats at Bombardier were "living the dream"

I hope this was "factual" enough for ya....lol

Below is a excerpt from an article written by David MacLean (Director of Canadian Taxpayers Federation....yes its a 10 year old article but it still portrays the truth;

The Canadian Taxpayers Federation (CTF) today condemned Ottawa's $1.2 billion loan to Quebec Aerospace firm Bombardier and challenged Paul Martin to state where his priorities would lay.

"Bombardier is one of the biggest consumers of corporate welfare in Canadian history," said CTF Director David MacLean. "And the federal government continues to throw good money after bad."

Over the years, Bombardier has received $491 million in various grants and contributions. Through the Canada Account, a fund administered by the Export Development Corporation, an estimated $6.7 billion has gone to subsidize Bombardier sales.
Over the years, Bombardier has received $491 million in various grants and contributions. Through the Canada Account, a fund administered by the Export Development Corporation, an estimated $6.7 billion has gone to subsidize Bombardier sales.

Added MacLean: "The federal government is quick to assist one firm in the aerospace industry to the tune of $1.2-billion while producers in the cattle industry are given a mere $190 million in aid for the BSE crisis and are still losing $11 million daily in export sales, and another $7 million per day due to lower beef prices."

"It's the tale of two industries," said David MacLean. "A struggling company in one part of the country gets immediate assistance in the form of a massive government loan, while little has been done for cattlemen across the rest of the country."

Top Bottom