Heated house floor

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a contact or info on heated floors, building a bungalow with a crawl space and would like to heated the main floor. Anyone know someone that does Gypcrete ?

Reactions: RJP

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Infloor is the shizzzz
Have it in our building and couple of parts of our house ... building a new house I wouldn't go any other way

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Infloor is the shizzzz
Have it in our building and couple of parts of our house ... building a new house I wouldn't go any other way

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
You have Gyp-crete or what ?

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gypcrete is nice however if you ever have a water loss watch out, all has to be removed.
Ya scared of that, they put on a presentation on warmboard and seems pretty hi tech, so i guess we will see

House will have a crawl space so want warm floors

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gypcrete is nice however if you ever have a water loss watch out, all has to be removed.

Is there really any retro-fit in flooring heating product that wouldn't need to be ripped up in the event of a flood? I would think warmboard (and the copycats) would also hold moisture and promote mold growth between them and the slab as well.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Is there really any retro-fit in flooring heating product that wouldn't need to be ripped up in the event of a flood? I would think warmboard (and the copycats) would also hold moisture and promote mold growth between them and the slab as well.
That is easier to remove, gypcrete is very messy when removing and has silica present so very similar to an asbestos abatement job. However if we planned out all our builds or renovations based on the scenario that it could flood then nothing would get built and I would be out of business.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My parents house as wood floors and there are pipes attached on the bottom side of the floor sheathing. Works well, floors are nice and warm. That system that is mentioned earlier in this thread is pretty slick.
Thats exactly what my house has. For building new I would consider planning ahead for an A/C system. Other than tearing my whole place apart to add ducting my only option now is adding multiple mini split systems in the rooms I want cooled.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have gycrete or concrete infloor water heat on 1st and 2nd floor. Hardwood on both floors. Agree it's pretty good and seems cheaper to heat. Electric in the basement.

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have gycrete or concrete infloor water heat on 1st and 2nd floor. Hardwood on both floors. Agree it's pretty good and seems cheaper to heat. Electric in the basement.

You did boiler with gypcrete on the upper floors but didn't run lines in the basement slab?

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct. I didn't build it and we don't get cold temps. The reason i am sure is that there there is a 2 bedroom suite and a separate media room. Wayy to hard to regulate heat with that many zones.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Schleuter has an electric system that snaps into their waterproof membrane. It's only about 1/4" thick and can be tiled directly on top.
Did it in my bath, including the shower. Only 375 watts and I keep it at 28º.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Schleuter has an electric system that snaps into their waterproof membrane. It's only about 1/4" thick and can be tiled directly on top.
Did it in my bath, including the shower. Only 375 watts and I keep it at 28º.

Not good for an entire house though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not good for an entire house though
Just putting it out there.
The schleuter is more a bath/kitchen system, but there are electric in floor systems designed for entire houses.
I tiled and heated my entire bathroom, including a curb less shower. The membrane provides the waterproofing and tiles are directly on top. It's a unique system.
I also keep it warmer than the rest of my house. Small rooms can be a challenge for hydronic based systems.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just putting it out there.
The schleuter is more a bath/kitchen system, but there are electric in floor systems designed for entire houses.
I tiled and heated my entire bathroom, including a curb less shower. The membrane provides the waterproofing and tiles are directly on top. It's a unique system.
I also keep it warmer than the rest of my house. Small rooms can be a challenge for hydronic based systems.
Ya appreciate all input

Cheers

Top Bottom