Does anyone know where all of the ground points are on an 800 proclimb?

Reaction score
I'm looking for all of the ground location points for an 800 proclimb. I couldn't find them in the service manual.

Does anyone know how many ground points there are and where they are located?

Thanks!

Reaction score
I'm having electrical problems and want to make sure they are all connected and making good contact.

PowderStew

Reaction score
I have only found the one behind the muffler. If you find more, let me know as I am having some issues that may be ground related as well.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the main ground for the sled. The voltage regulator also grounds to chasis I believe thru its housing to chasis. What issues are you having?

PowderStew

Reaction score
I was looking at the full size wireing diagrams at the local dealer today and I also got a full (warrenty) harness they had laying around from him to go over. There are two ground circuts (on a 2012 anyhow) A & B, both come togeather at the mag plug and then go to the one chasis ground.

The problem I am having is my tether and kill switch quit working when out riding. I installed the tether last year and ran it several times with no issues. Same this year for first two rides. First deep powder day (coincedense?) the tether and kill switch quit working. The key would still stop the motor. Took it all apart, checked plugs, checked pins in plugs, put on diaelectric grease then put everything back togeather nice and neat, no tight wires and everything zip tied in properly. All was well in the shop stoped and started several time and both tether and kill switch worked perfect. Took sled out for a ride and both quit working almost right away.
This time I put the sled in the shop cold with no heat in the shop. Checked tether and kill switch and both would not work. Started taking it apart again checking for loose pins in the plugs as I suspected it was the tether install. Nothing obvious. Then they both started working again. Damm. Hooked up mulit meter in kill switch circut and set to continuity tone. With the circut grounded (switch in off position) no matter what i wiggled or tugged I could not get the circut to open. Did the same with the tether circut and same result. No matter what I did I could not get the circut to open. I made up short pieces of wire and inserted them into the female side of the glugs and cliped the multimeter onto them and still could not get the circut to open by wiggling things. Instaled clips onto male side then to multi meter, same result.
I am begginging to thing the problem is not the tether or kill switch circuts but the perhaps a problem where the three blk/blu (ground) wires are spliced togeather(one from kill switch teather circut, one from key circut and one from exaust temp sensor). The actual splice is inside the harness right behind the chain case so it is a bitch to get to.

WIRING ISSUES DRIVE ME CRAZY
Sorry for hijacking your thread

Top Bottom