Diesel in a 1/2 ton - 2014 Ram 1500

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hopefully this will kick gm in the ass and they get their 4.5 liter off the shelf and in some trucks

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The really stupid thing is that Ford has a 1/4 diesel they have been selling in Europe, but they won't sell them here.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those are the hp and torque numbers for the jeep, for the truck they state the numbers have not been released.

all i am hoping is they put this motor in the powerwagon..... 6.7 is too heavy so this should be perfect.

My 2010 ram is my first dodge after owning 3 gmcs in my 10 years of driving and i have to say everyone ragging on me about it its a top notch truck over my 2008 gmc.....

Funny thing is too i went to a Wedding in Melfort Saskatchewan where it use to be all GMs on the road it seemed, the weddings parking lot was primarily new body style dodge 1500s-3500s.

Dodge is also coming out with a crew 6.5 box later this year. Hope they up the payload, mine right now is about 800 after i sit in it and fill my 121L tank.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see a real market here. i for one hate 2500,3500 trucks. they ride like absolute crap for daily drivers and i actually only use the capacity once in a while. this truck will be GREAT for towing the boat to the lake, taking a couple sleds to the hills, pulling a small enclosed around. because no one wants to buy a 2500+ with diesel to only use it a few times a year. meanwhile if you buy the fully loaded 3500 diesel to only do these things a couple times a year its just a stupid useless fuel pig truck the rest of the time. all the smaller gas engines in the 1500s are TOTALLY useless for towing anything other than their own weight. and there have been lots of times i have used a 1500 to tow small things around and wished i had some torque to get the job done.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see a real market here. i for one hate 2500,3500 trucks. they ride like absolute crap for daily drivers and i actually only use the capacity once in a while. this truck will be GREAT for towing the boat to the lake, taking a couple sleds to the hills, pulling a small enclosed around. because no one wants to buy a 2500+ with diesel to only use it a few times a year. meanwhile if you buy the fully loaded 3500 diesel to only do these things a couple times a year its just a stupid useless fuel pig truck the rest of the time. all the smaller gas engines in the 1500s are TOTALLY useless for towing anything other than their own weight. and there have been lots of times i have used a 1500 to tow small things around and wished i had some torque to get the job done.

yah parking my 1500 down town anywhere sucks enough let alone a 2500-3500. I think this will for sure sell for daily driver trucks, i know alot of guys that their dads are not working on the farm so much so they got 1500 gasses instead of 2500 diesels and i know for sure they would get this over a gas.

maxpower

Reaction score
Glad to see this. I waited for years hoping they would release this and I picked up a 2500 last year. Good to see its on the way. Also the Mercedes 3.0L that was in the 2008 Cherokee's was a beast. Towed like an SOB and tons of power with awesome mileage. Hopefully this engine does the same.

Top Bottom