denali sled decks, any good?

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to buy a sled deck for this winter and saw that denali sells an 8.5' deck with expandable sides for $1700. Seems like a good deal, makes me wonder why they are so much cheaper than other decks though

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Three guys I ride with all have them and they've been good decks.They stand up equally as well as my Marathon. You'll have to re-wire it, cuz the Chinese wiring sucks, but structurally they're just fine. You can do a lot of wiring for the price difference! :D

Now the cheap Chinese crap comments can begin! It's inevitable on S&M! :doh:

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks! A little re-wiring is fine for me a long as their good structurally. I just can't justify spending $3000 for a deck that I'm not going to use much.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
One thing i would recommend is taking a couple 2x4's and cutting them to fit between the legs and make them more rigid, if you're not bolting it down, some people have complained about the welds cracking because the legs can wiggle back and forth a bit as they're not connected together at the base.

Denali

Reaction score
I have an xdeck if your interested. It's long box capable or can be shortened for Chevy 6 1/2 foot box. Has expandable sides. With try fold ramp. Let me know if your interested

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This will be a second season with my Denali deck. So far im pretty happy with it, other than the wiring just like the others mentioned.
I rewired it, insalled super glides on deck and ramp, Line Xd the sides, insatlled mini LED marker lights and shes good to go!

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 257
  • sled deck.jpg
    sled deck.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 319

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
This will be a second season with my Denali deck. So far im pretty happy with it, other than the wiring just like the others mentioned.
I rewired it, insalled super glides on deck and ramp, Line Xd the sides, insatlled mini LED marker lights and shes good to go!

where did you find your mini LED marker lights?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
where did you find your mini LED marker lights?
Princess auto sells them. Red ones easy to come by, the orange ones you gotta time it, those little guys get snatched up like hookers on a battleship.

I may have a bunch of spares, i freaked out when i seen them in stock and i think i bought like 7 or 8 orange ones and like 10 red ones.

Top Bottom