Denali Decks???

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be a little worried about some of the welds on the made in China stuff but other than that it looks pretty good. Pretty hard to beat the quality of a Marathon deck thou.....

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If ya had a bunch of re-enforment brackets pre made, could you not get a welder to blast them on in about 2 hours? 2 hours at $100/hour "rig welder" plus $40 to $60 worth of brackets. Should get it to the streath you need.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If ya had a bunch of re-enforment brackets pre made, could you not get a welder to blast them on in about 2 hours? 2 hours at $100/hour "rig welder" plus $40 to $60 worth of brackets. Should get it to the streath you need.

2 hours? just bring over some beers......lol.

I just helped a buddy put together a chinese deck, "Titan" I think. It came with some steel brackets that had to be bolted up for some extra strength. There's always a way to weld up something to beef it up.

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I undrstand and from seeing the web site these are the same as a titan. The only thing I see so far is the ramp may be a little lite in construction.

Anyway if I ever get a call back I am going to get a 7' and a 8' we will let you know how they are after some use

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I undrstand and from seeing the web site these are the same as a titan. The only thing I see so far is the ramp may be a little lite in construction.

Anyway if I ever get a call back I am going to get a 7' and a 8' we will let you know how they are after some use

Can you buy one deck at a time from them? If you get a call back let us know how much they are.....:d

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am getting a 7" deck from him, i have been in contact with him for a while. He seems to be pretty good, right now the 7" decks are 1440+gst and the 8" decks are 1550 gst in they are old stock that is why he says he is selling them for that, but the 7" are new should have one at the end of the month. I will let you guys know how they are. My buddy is a welder so for a box of beer he says he will beef it up if it needs it, but for that price i don't think you can go wrong???

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can see a couple picture of a new Denali sled deck and a Titan sled deck on Kiijji that guys have for sale.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Looks like another chinese knock off...crap to me. Think about it....1400 or 1500 bucks AFTER a month long cruise on a ship, and everyone is still making money, WOW.

I want a good deal like everyone else does, but our manufacturing industry has taken a crap kicken, and for me, I choose not to support these knock off companies from China. I think everyone should have the right to buy what they want from where they want, and for those of you that do buy one, I hope its great. I just cant and wont do it....

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like another chinese knock off...crap to me. Think about it....1400 or 1500 bucks AFTER a month long cruise on a ship, and everyone is still making money, WOW.

I want a good deal like everyone else does, but our manufacturing industry has taken a crap kicken, and for me, I choose not to support these knock off companies from China. I think everyone should have the right to buy what they want from where they want, and for those of you that do buy one, I hope its great. I just cant and wont do it....

Amen brother. I'm not agreeing because I sell locally made decks, I'm agreeing because they are crap. I've seen a few come through my shop, guys wanting (needing) fish plates and gussets welded in. I would have a hard time trusting my quads on one.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
As the old saying goes....you get what you pay for. I've had my Marathon for 6yrs and replaced one clearance light last spring. Just needs a good polish now :beer: :d But to each their own. You learn by doing I guess.

Last edited:

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know the used one i picked up is a knock off,and as a welder i looked it all over and compared both the knock off to a Marathon,they looked pretty much alike.I compared supports and where they both welded,same spots.Only thing i found is that the Marathon ramp is alot lighter
Would've loved a Marathon but for the price hard to justify.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
easy to beat marathon quality look at a jet craft (local gp compant) or a full loyus deck 200 times better quality than marathon just my 2 cents

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hightlighted the important stuff.

-Basic electrical connection
-Barely any features
-Minimum order: 6
-You are buying directly from the factory
-Made in china.

Sounds bad. just my 2:twocents:

Attachments

• Denalidecks.jpg
    Denalidecks.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 851

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
easy to beat marathon quality look at a jet craft (local gp compant) or a full loyus deck 200 times better quality than marathon just my 2 cents

I can't comment on any decks except what I got.... Nick & Rob built one for me at Jet craft in 1998... That deck has been on all my trucks since and to this day... winter & summer, only off to pull 5th wheel. Still looks awesome & has held up very well... Also has NEVER been polished since new.

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You get what you pay for!!! Be careful what you are looking at ! One guy had a cheap one here and it was twisted and cracked in one season.

Top Bottom