Denali Decks???

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will be buying one to inspect and compare to the Marathon and FLM. We will post pics and feedback as soon as it arrives.

Like everything else we sell for trucks, there's always a Good, Better and Best....pricing usually reflects quality and features.

For example, we get calls all day long asking why our suspension "lift kits" range in price so much....you get what you pay for....whether it's made in the USA, Canada or offshore.

Cheers

It will have to be a very bad inspectiion for it to not be a good deal for 1440+tax???? When a marothan is 3,000???:confused:

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please keep us update with what you find out. For $1500 bucks I don't see how you could go wrong. And as far as people bashing these decks just because the are made in china. Just so you are aware, probably 80% of the crap we buy as a society is made from china.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please keep us update with what you find out. For $1500 bucks I don't see how you could go wrong. And as far as people bashing these decks just because the are made in china. Just so you are aware, probably 80% of the crap we buy as a society is made from china.

Sir, are you a terrorist?

martincc

Reaction score
I bought a 7' deck from Dale and Keith in Calgary. They were great to deal with and went out of thier way to make sure I got a deck in my truck before the weekend. Great customer service.

SO far after 3 uses the deck is doing fine.
Pros - price- 1700
- slides work well
- looks good i think
- easy install
- 10ft ramp easy loading.

Cons
- wireing is f'ed up.. shorts the truck fuse. Guys offered to re wire it for me, just need to get time to get it over.
- ramp is 2 piece. Goes together well.. but can be tricky to get in and out from under the deck, catches on a few bolts. Should be able to file down the heads to make the ramp slide past them
- ramp rattles alot in the tracks when not in use (maybe commmon to all decks?)

Other than that it works well, looks good. A few small things that for me are worth the savings. We'll see how it holds up over time. I'd recomend it but be prepared to fight a little with the ramp and lights (most probably come wired correctly)

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a 7' deck from Dale and Keith in Calgary. They were great to deal with and went out of thier way to make sure I got a deck in my truck before the weekend. Great customer service.

SO far after 3 uses the deck is doing fine.
Pros - price- 1700
- slides work well
- looks good i think
- easy install
- 10ft ramp easy loading.

Cons
- wireing is f'ed up.. shorts the truck fuse. Guys offered to re wire it for me, just need to get time to get it over.
- ramp is 2 piece. Goes together well.. but can be tricky to get in and out from under the deck, catches on a few bolts. Should be able to file down the heads to make the ramp slide past them
- ramp rattles alot in the tracks when not in use (maybe commmon to all decks?)
Other than that it works well, looks good. A few small things that for me are worth the savings. We'll see how it holds up over time. I'd recomend it but be prepared to fight a little with the ramp and lights (most probably come wired correctly)

Hey man i have a denali deck and the wiring is horrible. If you are blowing fuses it is problely the switch for the underneath deck light mines was wired backwards. I redid all my lights and wiring on my deck put the mini LED's on it and it works sweet now. If you have any Questions about the wiring or want pics give me a PM.,

martincc

Reaction score
find a solution to the ramp making so much noise? or any tricks to putting that thing together alone?

I need to do the rewire as well.. good deck minus that so far. Putting my 2500 saved toward a new sled I think!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
find a solution to the ramp making so much noise? or any tricks to putting that thing together alone?

I need to do the rewire as well.. good deck minus that so far. Putting my 2500 saved toward a new sled I think!

Just bought the new truck boss. Rear slider open and no rattles. Im very impressed. I personally cAnt handle rattles and jingles on my nice truck.

09x

Reaction score
How far does that deck overhang the tailgate on your truck? Was looking into one also, but the measurements had me a little concerned. Seems like it will overhang about 7-8". I am torn between that one and a crosstraxs. I have seen a cross traxs on my buddies truck and it only overhangs about 1 or 2" over the tailgate.
Thanks

martincc

Reaction score
it doesn't hang out very far.. maybe 2-3" on my 04 gmc crew cab short box.. its a 7ft deck. also fits my 163" xp just fine. Only down side is that rattling ramp!

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far does that deck overhang the tailgate on your truck? Was looking into one also, but the measurements had me a little concerned. Seems like it will overhang about 7-8". I am torn between that one and a crosstraxs. I have seen a cross traxs on my buddies truck and it only overhangs about 1 or 2" over the tailgate.
Thanks

You can buy the marathon extention for the denali decks it will work on them. The denali deck is the same build and design as the marathon so the extention will work perfect so you can go with a 7ft and get the extention for when you have the sled on. Just a thought!!!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
You can buy the marathon extention for the denali decks it will work on them. The denali deck is the same build and design as the marathon so the extention will work perfect so you can go with a 7ft and get the extention for when you have the sled on. Just a thought!!!

You cant find a Marathon extension ANYWHERE and they dont make them anymore...

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like another chinese knock off...crap to me. Think about it....1400 or 1500 bucks AFTER a month long cruise on a ship, and everyone is still making money, WOW.

I want a good deal like everyone else does, but our manufacturing industry has taken a crap kicken, and for me, I choose not to support these knock off companies from China. I think everyone should have the right to buy what they want from where they want, and for those of you that do buy one, I hope its great. I just cant and wont do it....

NO SH!T what ever happened to supporting your local business and canadian or american manufacturers. Its no wonder our economy is in the dumps

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well one year out of my Denali Deck so far and still holding up great!!! Redid the wiring on it put mini led's on it for 75 bucks and that is it. Love this deck so far and love the price!!!! Works great.:d

wsetter

Reaction score
The CAP-IT dealer across from Great West Chrysler in Edmonton Carries these decks for anyone who is looking. I believe they have change a few things on them, lights and ram for sure. The going price was $2000

Top Bottom