December conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Our guys rode Lucille today and reported 2 to 2.5 feet of fresh powder. Hovering around 0 to -2 most of the day today, and snowing more. Groomer starts Sunday on Bell, then onward to Lucille and Renshaw. We FINALLY have some decent snow !!!!! Still gotta be a little careful though, but it's getting there. Next weekend should be great riding.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy and his bro just got back into E-Town and called me after riding Bell today. He said the trail up was HORRIBLE!
He said there was about 2' fresh up top, however he said it was socked in big time. You were pretty much in a cloud half way up that first little hill from the cabin so they stayed low and played. Warmer up top than down in the valley. He figured about 0 or -1 up top.
I guess there was about 6" - 12" on the access road to parking areas.

Roads were brutal from Hinton to McBride.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to some guys that rode Renshaw and said there was a ton of fresh, lots of stuck all day. trail up was brutal and worse coming down. Goomer will do Belle Sunday, Lucille Monday and work on renshaw Tuesday, Wed. and Thurs. If riding here mid week next week please slow down so we can complete the trail build without someone running into the groomer. THANKS

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to thursday should be there before lunch next weekend should be fantastic!!!

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Looks like almost six inches of snow fell in town over night. I haven't heard from any sledders yet today, but that usually means a HUGE dump of snow up top. Still socked in and snowing here so visibility will not be that great today. Looks awesome for the guys sledding here next week though.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't wait Judy...3 days and counting!!!....yahoooo!:d

gumbylee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back...rode friday and sat at renshaw...snow from parking lot up,had to push one truck out of the snow trail brutal,like everyone else says but the powder in the trees made it worth it....no open hill riding,no visibility.roads were absolutley horrible from mcbride to hinton typical december riding and driving should be excellent for next weekend:d:beer::d:beer::d

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Them gals from the Giggling Grizzly sure have good memories....lol :d:d
Were surprised to see couple fellas back so soon sledding since the trip out from a couple weeks ago.
MMM that garlic cheese bread is sure worth the drive to Mcbride. Didn't see anyone brave enough to ring the "dong gong" tho.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tons of snow up top. Excellent conditions and grooming is under way, Belle and Lucille will be done by days end and then Renshaw will get a trail groom hoping Tues. Will check with Rod today and let you know. The road up to Belle parking is brutally slippery. Stay in the bottom lot if pulling a 4 place with all season tires or this could happen.

Attachments

• ditch 001.jpg
    ditch 001.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 59
  • ditch 002.jpg
    ditch 002.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 404

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slowed down about 200 feet up from where he is in the ditch and then started to slip backwards and was at the mercy of the ice. Could have been alot worse. I had to rent a cat that was at the bottom of the road and walk it up. Interesting day in Mcbride, feel for the boys as they didn't get to ride.

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That same cat pulled us out two weekends ago at Belle. Thankfully when our truck started going backwards we were able to jab the back of the trailer into an approach on the left side of the road. And our other truck behind with only an open 2 place spun out too, went for a ride backwards, and jacknifed in the left ditch. Bent in our bumper and the rear quater panel. But metal can be replaced, and thankfully no one was hurt.

But as bbtoys said, just park at the bottom and ride up, it isn't worth it trying make it.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
That is a bad feeling when your truck starts sliding backwards... We've been there............... Feel for you guys. Hopefully no damage to that hitch or trailer....

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Tons of snow up top. Excellent conditions and grooming is under way, Belle and Lucille will be done by days end and then Renshaw will get a trail groom hoping Tues. Will check with Rod today and let you know. The road up to Belle parking is brutally slippery. Stay in the bottom lot if pulling a 4 place with all season tires or this could happen.

Got;....tire chains:eek:
There's only three people that really know how scary that was;1-the driver himself,2-the good lord above,3-the woman who does his laundry

green momba

Reaction score
I love it when a guy has $100 grand plus in truck, trailer, sleds so on and won't spend a couple hundred on tire chains, In my opinion they are as important as a beacon or shovel, don't mean to play dad hear but tired of getting stuck behind these people

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I love it when a guy has $100 grand plus in truck, trailer, sleds so on and won't spend a couple hundred on tire chains, In my opinion they are as important as a beacon or shovel, don't mean to play dad hear but tired of getting stuck behind these people

Never tried them on a pickup,but if they work half as good as on a big truck you'd be amazed.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think they thought it was that bad, and then you come around a corner up hill and no where to go, trouble. Most likely would have been ok but had to slow down and stop. Untill we can solve the ice problem if pulling a 4 place I say again, park at the bottom lot. Lots of snow for the sled's from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom