Days Inn & Suites has been sold....

BrooKker

Reaction score
Website
www.powderpetes.com
The Days Inn & Suites has been sold and will be under new ownership as of the 15th of September. For those that have bookings for the winter season, I have been assured that the new owners will honor your rate. I cannot give any other information at this time...as far as what sled rates will be, or if any of the staff will remain. I truly hope the hotel remains what you all came back for year after year. :beer:

Kerry Brooks
General Manager
Days Inn & Suites Revelstoke

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

we stay at the Days Inn because you guys are so nice. You prefer sledders and look after our rigs. Are the new owners going to keep the staff and the sled bias?

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nooooo Waaaaay.:eek: sure hope it's not a subura/audi owner, with a long black box attached to the roof of the car.

BrooKker

Reaction score
Website
www.powderpetes.com
Unfortunatley it's the unemployment line for me....I am not sure about the rest of the staff. The new owners are a Korean family from Calgary, and the hotel will remain a Days Inn.

Kerry

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
thats the only place i stay in revy :(

sorry Kerry! hopefully you get hired back and keep it a sledders paradise and not a bunch of granula bar garbage on the ground

BrooKker

Reaction score
Website
www.powderpetes.com
thats the only place i stay in revy :(

sorry Kerry! hopefully you get hired back and keep it a sledders paradise and not a bunch of granula bar garbage on the ground

Thanks.....but their decision is to not re-hire me. I guess they have a "different vision" for the property than I did. Sorry guys!!

Kerry:(

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i wont be staying there anymore the place will be going down hill in no time total piss off now thanks for that:realmad::realmad::realmad:

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing against "them" but I am going to guess that they will cater to the groups coming there to ski from over seas. More money to be made doing that than keeping the sledding community happy.

Bet the prices go up.

Just my two bits.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do they speak english??....
Yes I have a problem with the english these people have, as sooon as any problems arise they say me doont speak english then my nerves get un - wound, this happens about every second week some where. This country is getting taken over by them.:realmad::realmad::realmad:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks.....but their decision is to not re-hire me. I guess they have a "different vision" for the property than I did. Sorry guys!!

Kerry:(

always say don't look back, this just presents a new opportunity. just look at it as a new page in life, maybe more fun more money, new friends yes it is scary but fun if you let it.

BrooKker

Reaction score
Website
www.powderpetes.com
Keep the hotel what you all made it. My only request is that you don't all flood the front desk with phone calls right now, as the girls are busy enough with the transition. As far as I know sled rates have yet to be determined. Give them a week or two to settle.......please. They work hard for you all.

Kerry

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It won't ever be the same as what you made it for sledders - a home away from home.

Take pride in your accomplishment that you made it a great place to stay for the sledding community, and take the knowledge that you were one of the primary reasons that it was always full and always a place that sledders called first to find a room.

A truly pro-sledding establishment, you helped out sledders in the Revelstoke community many times by engaging them with respect and showing the direct impact of tourism dollars on the economy, as well as still giving sledders value for their dollar.

If you stay in the field and obtain similar employment, you can direct perspective employers to this thread as testimonial of your committment (not that you need it) :) and how much you will be missed.

All the best wherever your path takes you.

Modman

BrooKker

Reaction score
Website
www.powderpetes.com
Wow...Thank You Modman. I am humbled. When people work together, show respect for one another, fairness and humility.......it turns into a comradarie.....which is what I learned from all of you, and gave back as a service. It really is with a heavy heart that I walk away.......but many life lessons and friends that I will keep.....I have the utmost respect for you all as individuals, and a group. Thank You all for everything..........I have taken away much more than I was given. I really will miss you all.

Kerry:beer:

cdnsleddog

Reaction score
Wow...Thank You Modman. I am humbled. When people work together, show respect for one another, fairness and humility.......it turns into a comradarie.....which is what I learned from all of you, and gave back as a service. It really is with a heavy heart that I walk away.......but many life lessons and friends that I will keep.....I have the utmost respect for you all as individuals, and a group. Thank You all for everything..........I have taken away much more than I was given. I really will miss you all.

Kerry:beer:

The hospitality here has always been good...while dooin', fishin' or golfin'. You will be missed Kerry. Your success with the people in this industry will follow you where ever you go....good people surround them selves with good people. A good lesson for all to follow and prosper from.;):beer:

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Quick update. Stayed at the Days Inn last night. Status Quo for the season with rates remaining the same as last year, dedicated to sledders and Platinum members of the SRS.
Rooms booked? Mine are.:beer:
RS

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
right on randy, and now kerry we have more time for tequila shots;). oh ya i'm still booked in.

Top Bottom