Couple improvements today

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got my TCP fan shroud after stupid customs held it for two weeks. Took the time to pull the rad and clean it along with the oil cooler,.. all I can say is WOW,... I thought the both were clean from the front but I was greatly wrong.

My rad was plugged halfway through to the back,.. 1st picture sry bad pics only had camera phone. 2nd picture,.. if you just clamp both hoses you don't have to worry about too much coolant loss or bleeding the system of air.

3rd picture,.. is a crappy picture of the fan shroud, if anyone wants to see a better picture you can go to tcpperformance.com.

4th picture is a heat shield I built for my o2 sensor,.. but it will also get hot enough to cook on, I have to make another plate to bolt in,.. had to make it in 3 pieces for it to fit,.. Plans are for potatoes, onions and bacon in a garlic sauce wrapped in tinfoil :BBQ: I usually do them on the bbq but thought what the hell get them started cooking early :) and the people behind me can get hungry waiting :d

Attachments

• dirtyrad.jpg
    dirtyrad.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 65
  • clamp.jpg
    clamp.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 27
  • fanshroud.jpg
    fanshroud.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Cooking plate.jpg
    Cooking plate.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 31

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on how used your rhino is,.. I would definitely pull your radiator and give it a good cleaning, unless you can clean it good with it installed.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pull mine once a year, you just can't get it clean from th outside is seems.

jayson

Reaction score
Does the fan shroud help keep the rad clean longer? I made a rad cleaner out of copper that allows you to get between oil cooler and rad. Found it on rhino forums.net.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the fan shroud help keep the rad clean longer? I made a rad cleaner out of copper that allows you to get between oil cooler and rad. Found it on rhino forums.net.

It makes the radiator fan more efficient,.. as for the cleaner you made, it will be good at the moment the rad gets dirty. But how the dirt packs in there I needed a pressure washer.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to redo my gauge dash plate tomorrow, drill it for my voltage gauge, even out the locations and add holes for my switches,..

Also have my 132db horn going in,.. if I have time I am going to weld up my exhaust hotplate, and run my engine intake snorkel to the front and out through the hood cowl.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe it cost around $75 shipped and was worth it,..

Right now I am in the midst of making my own shroud for the oil cooler, and mounting a SPAL fan for it,.. I can get the fans from work,.. but pretty sure can get them cheaper elsewhere.

I have so much to do,.. and am not building my garage till next spring,. so I have to do all my mods at work or out at my sisters farm.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had my machine out today working it hard, full throttle most of the time and the temp gauge didn't go past 195F,.. I think the radiator fan usually kicks in at 190F and out at 180F.

rhinoefi

Reaction score
looking to get more speed out of the rhino, i hear if I machine the primary clutch so the weights come out a bit more, i will get more top end, what happens if i put in different weights instead or do both, any thaughts ???

Top Bottom