Contition of isoflex after 600kms on reman brp shortblock!!!!!!!!!!

BIG-BALLZ

Reaction score
Since I got the Attention of the Doo Dudes, I gots a question with a pic to go with.....
This picture is taken from a REMAN shortblock from brp....
Around 600kms on the Isoflex...

Almost looks like the Isoflex hardened, Compared to new ISOFLEX right out of the Tube....

View attachment 118301What ya all think???? Issues? Or normal for ISOFLEX to do this??

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
was there any signs of grease leaking out of the seal? I'd say there seems to be quite a bit in there, if thats how the seal came out. Plus, its WHITE grease! It gets exposed to gas/oil, extreme temps and extreme RPM. I would be more concerned if it were still white..... :confused:

Just my opinion, though.

(ps. I know its a "sealed" bearing but small amounts of fuel and oil must sneak through at those type of rpms.)

Last edited:

BIG-BALLZ

Reaction score
was there any signs of grease leaking out of the seal? I'd say there seems to be quite a bit in there, if thats how the seal came out. Plus, its WHITE grease! It gets exposed to gas/oil, extreme temps and extreme RPM. I would be more concerned if it were still white..... :confused:

Just my opinion, though.

Just seems like the ISoflex is breaking down WAY TOO FAST... Is it getting exposed to air??? excessive heat???

BIG-BALLZ

Reaction score
show us a pic of the bearing

I'll try, I'm getting someone to E-mail me the pics as i need em, cuz its not my camera the pics are on..... The grease looked Identical to whats in the seal.... Almost hardened and clumpy... Thanks for your replies!!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since I got the Attention of the Doo Dudes, I gots a question with a pic to go with.....
This picture is taken from a REMAN shortblock from brp....
Around 600kms on the Isoflex...

Almost looks like the Isoflex hardened, Compared to new ISOFLEX right out of the Tube....

View attachment 118301What ya all think???? Issues? Or normal for ISOFLEX to do this??

What do i think.... looks fine to me. Is this normal.... YES!!! There is no issues there at all. see below for pictures. These are my crank, with 5500km. And just as a side note my seal leaked from day one, i never replaced it or added more isoflex. OK for the reasoning here, and i am sure some will disagree. It is a bearing, and it wears of course, white grease is going to turn a grey color. THis is normal, no it does not break the grease down. I have spoken to the makers of the NB-52 isoflex grease, side not this is not "skidoo grease" there are other companys out there that produce the stuff and supply skidoo with it. The clumping is normal, remember your engine is hot, the grease will somewhat solitify and this is what it looks like when it cools down. As for the leaky seal situation, IMO its not a major deal. Cintrifical forces pull the grease to the outside of the bearing, not the inside, as well some can be overpacked and leak out. Also note that when you look on the inside of the case, the "greased" bearings are not sealed from the other ones meaning they are exposed to gas/oil, especially the mag. Mag side on my crank had runout for some time but the engine was still going strong.

IMAG0249.jpg

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MAG side, 5500km and no more isoflex

IMAG0259.jpg

PTO on left and MAG on right. Note that there are no inner seal seperating the isoflex from the engines internals. PTO just has a big"washer" if you will somewhat seperating it, but it is by no means a tight fit.

IMAG0256.jpg

Last edited:

BIG-BALLZ

Reaction score
theres nothing wrong with your isoflex why are you taking it apart it aint broken! lol

LOL, Thanks Maxwell, just doin pre season checks!!! And oler1234, You must be one of the lucky ones!!!!!!!!!!

BIG-BALLZ

Reaction score
i added isoflex to my pto bearing at 5500km...was still lots in there...going on 7000+ now.....tick tock...maybe? maybe not well see!

LOL Lets hope you two arent the only ones With Horseshoes up their.........LOL

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL Lets hope you two arent the only ones With Horseshoes up their.........LOL

the key is warm up before you actually run your machine.... cooler must be warm to touch before you start.... hell before you even move the dam thing, and you wil be fine every time:beer:

PS +4800km of those are on a BB

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the key is warm up before you actually run your machine.... cooler must be warm to touch before you start.... hell before you even move the dam thing, and you wil be fine every time:beer:

PS +4800km of those are on a BB

bingo. my sled doesnt move until coolers are warm. if someone bitches about it smoking in the trailer they get to pull it out by hand!

Top Bottom