Conditions Flathead Trail; Barnes, Limestone, RainGuage,ect.

mick

Reaction score
Wouldn't the South Rockies be the ch!t if the Clubs could connect!!! It would be like Wyoming - Montana - Idaho. No matter where you stop for fuel you auto bye a trail pass! Why is that? Up here it's like pulling teeth trying to get that across to people?

Yep. More fun to argue than work as a group

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well!! I guess I should apologize for not being on here, but Busy Busy.

Shawn:
WOW Buddy it must be a long time since we spoke. I was sure when you used to stay with us that we talked about the Corbin country club and how we managed to get tenure for about 20 miles of the Flathead from the Old town site of Corbin down to Cutts Cabin turn off. This of course means we clean and clear snow from the parking when required. Also Groom from the Bridge past the Barnes ( Limestone turn off ) down past heartbreak, then Rainguage, then continue to Cutts turn off. This is about the only spot you can turn the groomer around and head back. This is all explained at the Staging area on the 3ft sign about 4ft from the bridge while you pass by the donation box. Frances Boone has been a huge help to the club by Marshaling the Flathead Staging area selling BCSF trail permits which are a huge help in keeping the trails open and the groomers running. He is also a wealth of knowledge for anyone wanting to know any information about the area and who the volunteers are looking after the area. We also purchased Maps from the Fernie Club to aid you in any question about where you are in the Area. I will look into replacing the sign at Barnes/Elliot turn off that some Idiot figured it would be more beneficial to them in the box of there truck.
I also will apologize to any BCSF and Corbin country club members for the last few weeks of rough trails down the Flathead. We have had issues with the Goose Neck portion on the Mogul Master. Our volunteer group have been welding away on it. So our guys have been using the Blade and Packer Bar. Last week we had a track issue on the Groomer putting it out of commission for a bit. Sounds like the Corbin Country club Volunteers spent a hard weekend working on, repairing, and returning the groomer to the staging area. I will have a update on this today.
As a member of the Fernie club also , I received an e-mail saying there groomer has had issues as well. How is that coming Doug?

If at all you need Information about snow and Trail report. Verlee has always been straight up on her Blog on our Website and Facebook page at

We are still working on the new website.
Our biggest fund raiser is Feb. 16th with a Vintage ride to the Rainguage turn off and camp fire in at fire lake. Then the Main Poker run on the 17th. About a 90km ride full circuit. You don't necessarily have to ride the whole way if you desire to ride up the Alpine for part of your day.
We are pretty much booked solid through Feb with maybe a few dates during the weekdays. I believe we have availability in March still. March and April have been some big snow months the last few years.

Again any questions look us up on the website. Always willing to help out.

Curtis

We may have Curtis but i'm getting old memory going, also if I do remember some it's that we drank lots everynite so that would have impaired my memory. hehehe. Nice to hear from u, say hi to Verlee, Cooper & Sunshine.
Will try to stop in for a vist next trip.

Shawn

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates from the flathead. hows Rainguage, Limestone/Barnes coming thru there sun, may stop for a day or two on the way back.

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to Castlegar mon moring for a week or so may stop in on the way back if they get snow in the nest. Or come back early and ride a day there if riding is good. just getting options. May even go to revy from Castle if things turn bad at castle.

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Verlee is posting 15 cm at Inn on the Border sense last nite. Up top could be way more maybe thats the place to go this week. If anyone has any updates would be nice. Thanks

Last edited:

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gave a friend a tour of the Flathead sun, Trail up to barnes turnoff not bad, trail up to the barnes really rough. Meadow and lake tracked, out but there snow in the trees,never noticed much of a layer, Elliot lake there's tree riding in there, if you get off the trail. Limestone tracked bad, again go look there's play areas off the beated path.Went down avy ally and out the trail where it comes out at the flathead where it turms off for Rainguage even that trail was rough. Again lots of tracks but again lots of areas if you just move in to the trees. All areas have lots of big cornices, waiting to come down. Snow is setting up. but still great to play in and to get stuck. Flathead from Rainguage to Barnes turn off was good.

Top Bottom